Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 AM

57 posts, read 235,058 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info. I plan on using my sister's address when sending out my resume but not until about two weeks before I know that I will be there hopefully within that time frame I will have some interviews set up. You are right that social services pays too low but right now if I land a social services job first that will have to do until hr finally lets me in, I am completely changing careers but without a family so I guess that is a good thing, temporarily. Good luck in your job hunt and I will say a prayer for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,751 times
Thumbs up hello new to this site

I wanted to find out is there anyway you can give me some leads to what companies are hiring x felons , my husband needs work badly we relocated here & its very hard for him to get a job like u all said he works for a while but when the back ground comes thru they want to let him go, and he's a hard dedicated worker, was never late or anything so I would appreciate the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackellp View Post
Nelly40, if you don't mine me asking. How long ago was this? what career field are you going in?. Stay away from jobs that you know the employer are going to reject you and hurt your feelings base on your conviction. beginning to look at it as a mistake, and we all make them. this is something you wouldn't do again because you have learnt from it. Now maybe you can help others. Pray and ask God to open the right doors. I use to apply for jobs and they would turn me down, even got hired and they come in the training classes and pull me out and fired me there. even though I was honest in the interview the background check took so long that they had me started the positions, them let me go in a week. Now God lead me to jobs where my convictions doesn't even matter.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divatenay View Post
I wanted to find out is there anyway you can give me some leads to what companies are hiring x felons , my husband needs work badly we relocated here & its very hard for him to get a job like u all said he works for a while but when the back ground comes thru they want to let him go, and he's a hard dedicated worker, was never late or anything so I would appreciate the heads up.
I wish I knew some companies that would be great but just continue to pray about it and God will open the door to the right company for him.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:54 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly40 View Post
I wish I knew some companies that would be great but just continue to pray about it and God will open the door to the right company for him.
I believe that while personal faith is a good positive thing for individuals to practice privately in their day to day lives, one must also be realistic and realize that God does not place "Wanted" ads in the classified section of the paper, either.

It's up to YOU (those looking for jobs) to get out there, have a resume of *some* sort typed up, dress appropriately, act appropriate, and speak appropriately, and make someone want to hire you. Lay it all on the line and be completely honest, without sounding like a fake pitch for yourself at the same time. Doors DO open, but it's up to you to make it happen and not let up or give up.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divatenay View Post
Does your husband belong to a church? If so most churches now a days help their members in looking for jobs and even doing resumes.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly40 View Post
Well it's nice to see that I am not alone in having a criminal record ( Misdemeanor 3) for perjury on a federal form. I too am relocating to GA in Sept 08 and looking forward to a new start on life. I am just nervous in how to explain this to a potential employer without him thinking that I am not trust worthy. Any suggestions would be great. I pray on this situation everyday.

Well I can assure you that being honest is the right thing to do, but sometimes it will really disencourage people. My brother is an ex-felon and we are actually in west ga and he went to fill some applications out and he was honest and told them he had a felony and they told him they would call him when the background check comes back but I really dont think they even bothered to check. No one is perfect and people make mistakes my brother was like im leaving ga and i am going back to alabama and I told him dont give up aint nothing gone just come easy you have to keep tryn get some training go to school its something out there for everyone. The thing I would tell you KEEP YOUR HEAD UP PRAY PRAY PRAY CAUSE PRAYER MAKES A big DIFFERENCE.... EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN THEM!!!!!!!! yOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE THEY ACTUALLY TOLD MY BROTHER THEY CULDNT HIRE HIM AROUND MERCHINDISE BUT THEY WOULD LOOK FOR HIM SOMETHING ON THE OUTSIDE ITS REALLY DISCRIMINATION, PEOPLEDO CHANGE

Last edited by sjohnson0578; 11-14-2007 at 01:30 PM..

Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
I believe that while personal faith is a good positive thing for individuals to practice privately in their day to day lives, one must also be realistic and realize that God does not place "Wanted" ads in the classified section of the paper, either.

It's up to YOU (those looking for jobs) to get out there, have a resume of *some* sort typed up, dress appropriately, act appropriate, and speak appropriately, and make someone want to hire you. Lay it all on the line and be completely honest, without sounding like a fake pitch for yourself at the same time. Doors DO open, but it's up to you to make it happen and not let up or give up.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT I BELIEVE THAT, BUT ONCE YOU DO SOMETHING AND GET THAT NAME OR BACK GROUND EMPLOYERS WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT YOU IN THAT CERTAIN KIND OF WAY

Old 11-14-2007, 01:28 PM

[quote=divatenay;1517142]I wanted to find out is there anyway you can give me some leads to what companies are hiring x felons , my husband needs work badly we relocated here & its very hard for him to get a job like u all said he works for a while but when the back ground comes thru they want to let him go, and he's a hard dedicated worker, was never late or anything so I would appreciate the heads up.[/quOTE

So what types of jobs are hiring and where do you look?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: