U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 PM

3,362 posts, read 3,110,555 times

Advertisements

CSA's, especially for small markets like all of the ones discussed here can be misleading. Auburn, AL is its own place and is a growing college town, not dependent upon what Columbus does or how Columbus performs.

I think some combine all of this and think "I live in a city of 500,000" or whatever. Sure, having smaller communities as satellites around a city means more people using a core city for services, but let's not confuse the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 12:49 PM

2,416 posts, read 1,626,512 times
By the summer 2013 Columbus population will be over 200,000,and the metro area will be over 300,000. I can't say the same for Macon.

I think most people forgetting that Columbus is a business town. It will always grow,I think Macon population could be a lot larger if it was the same.

P.S

Before Columbus was consolidated in 1971,in the 1970 census,Columbus had a population of 167,000.
Muscogee County, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-23-2012, 08:07 PM

542 posts, read 663,751 times
Why people insist on comparing the Tier 2 cities of this state is amazing to me. They all have the same issues such as attracting quality PROFESSIONAL jobs and the same huge positive: low cost of living.

They all have more in common and are more similar than different.

Not being a native or Macon or Georgia and having lived all over the country, I would sum up that Columbus and Macon are both small cities that are relatively unknown outside of the southeast. Listening to folks battle as if there are major differences in the two is quite hilarious.

No offense, but most folks outside of the southeast have never heard of either and probably never will. It is okay, really... stop with the Napoleonic complex.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:34 PM

576 posts, read 450,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
What does a skyline have to do with anything? Columbus has taller buildings than Macon, they just are not all located downtown . Look at London, it barely has a skyline and it is the same size as NYC.
HA ur so slow, Look up Downtown London
Big Ben is not Downtown
Downtown is up the street from that and its skyline is way better than New york
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia