Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 AM

663 posts, read 1,724,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.. I hate this damn plate.. If I didn't think I'd have gotten into trouble with the state or my insurance provider, I would have just renewed in Tennessee.
I have to agree on the Texas plate. The last one was better. As far as the new Georgia options go, I'm not fond of any of them but I despise #1. It does look like the early 90's plate that clashed severely with every vehicle on the road. I HATED that plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
I guess others felt similarly to me - as though Georgia had simply eliminated three options from my consideration. I do not believe that the phrase "In God we trust" has any place on a license plate and thus, never considered voting for such plates.

I do want to point out - and wish it had said so on the voting page - that this motto is completely optional. As with the current plates, the sticker with your county's name will go in that place unless you decide to have the sticker with the religious motto.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Default #5

I like #5 because of the cherry blossoms. And by the way, the "In God We Trust" is just going to get covered up by your county sticker, so what's the big deal? It's on the money you carry in your wallet, too. Are you gonna stop spending it because of that?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Actually, I have started to see that in many states. Florida,and Maryland does its thing too, maybe even worse
Not true about MD. They have 3 set of tags. The newly updated reg tags with the Ft. Mc Henry/War of 1812 on it, Chesapeake Bay Tag and the Agriculture tag. That's it besides custom tags.

Florida has hundreds of options though.

I voted for Tag 3.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM

97 posts, read 231,245 times
Default Md

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Not true about MD. They have 3 set of tags. The newly updated reg tags with the Ft. Mc Henry/War of 1812 on it, Chesapeake Bay Tag and the Agriculture tag. That's it besides custom tags.

Florida has hundreds of options though.

I voted for Tag 3.
Thank you. I have not had an MD tag in a good while so I could easily be wrong. Besides, it must be all those custom plates that those rich materialist suburbanites buy near DC, lol.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM

97 posts, read 231,245 times
Default choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I like #5 because of the cherry blossoms. And by the way, the "In God We Trust" is just going to get covered up by your county sticker, so what's the big deal? It's on the money you carry in your wallet, too. Are you gonna stop spending it because of that?
Well, do I really have a choice,lol? Actually yeah we kind of do have a choice and I do partake in it. I hardly ever carry cash, use the good ol debit card almost always. It is not all that big of a deal to me, really. It is just that it irks me that everything aspires to be so politically correct these days, yet they overlook some of the most commonly used things in life such as currency and plates. One more version in an infinite line of hypocracy.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:04 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
I voted for #6 because I like the asymmetry. It's also a simple, recognizable design.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,549 times
I would rather have the really plain-jane plates from earlier decades. And yes, I think the the "In God We Trust" should not be included on a license plate.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,983 times
OK so from what I understand, ALL the tags will still have the traditional County sticker at the bottom. It will be optional to purchase the "In God We Trust" sticker for a $1 fee.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
OK so from what I understand, ALL the tags will still have the traditional County sticker at the bottom. It will be optional to purchase the "In God We Trust" sticker for a $1 fee.
Do you have a source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia