Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 AM

6 posts, read 22,974 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Atlanta and want to live in a golf community in the Alpharetta area. We really like some houses in White Columns but it looks like there are a TON on the market. Does anyone know if this neighborhood is stable and if the club is doing OK? Also, Crooked Creek, Atlanta National--how are they holding up? We don't want to buy in a neighborhood that is on the brink of financial disaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 12:01 PM

744 posts, read 2,482,123 times
Can not help you with finding out as to what golf neighborhood is safe financially.
But I can tell you that Peachtree City has 5 golf courses in roughly a 5 mile radius and that many communites back on to these golf courses. Plus there are golf cart paths all through out the community.

Peachtree City had it's own financial break down about 2 years prior to the rest of the nation due to the financial issues with the airlines ( Delta mainly ) But seems to have weathered it all really well.So you might want to check it out.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:46 PM

663 posts, read 1,724,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleGertie View Post
We are relocating to Atlanta and want to live in a golf community in the Alpharetta area. We really like some houses in White Columns but it looks like there are a TON on the market. Does anyone know if this neighborhood is stable and if the club is doing OK? Also, Crooked Creek, Atlanta National--how are they holding up? We don't want to buy in a neighborhood that is on the brink of financial disaster
Check the Fulton County Tax Assessors website. It will tell you some decent owner history and sales prices. You can get a decent idea from that information if houses have been foreclosed on or if the property values are taking a dive.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:54 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,594 times
Well if your looking for McMansion, country club, upper middle-class, elitist wannabe, right-wing paradise...Then you have found heaven in Alpharetta. Don't worry, even if White Columns, Crooked Creek, ATL Nat, are on the brink, there are about 5,000 other neighborhoods EXACTLY like them in Alpharetta and South Forsyth. Just move there, you'll have no problem finding something.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 PM

6 posts, read 22,974 times
Thanks for the replies! Especially the fulton county tax assesors info!

GAisGreat gave me a good laugh and I'm sure you weren't kidding!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:04 PM

LOL...Good luck...but trust me, you won't have any problem finding it here!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleGertie View Post
Thanks for the replies! Especially the fulton county tax assesors info!

GAisGreat gave me a good laugh and I'm sure you weren't kidding!
Seriousely though...I know most of these neighborhoods pretty well...Now I can't say anything about the various 'golf clubs'. And sure some may be hurting with short sales etc...But as best as I can tell from spending a lot of time in the various neighborhoods...Crooked Creek, White Columns, ATL National, Polo Club, the Windward Parkway hoods, Deerlake, Seven Oaks, St Ives, St Marlo, Six Hills, Champions Creek, CCofTheSouth, Brookfield CC, Creekside...they are all pretty well established, lots of stable money, don't see them folding up overnight anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia