Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 PM

22 posts, read 217,947 times

Advertisements

Check out Austell, Smyrna, Vinings and Marietta GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,611,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netic View Post
I am a young professional with extensive experience in banking and corporate finance (treasury-related).
You may want to look into working for the branch of the treasury in Atlanta and discuss the telecommuting options, if any. The north GA mountains are a great place for idyllic scenery and outdoor recreation.

You would want a location at least 1 1/2 hours away from downtown ATL to be able to maintain the quiet and maximize the relaxation. Anything any closer is getting swallowed.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,530 times
Default Replay to out of Miami

Hello,

A am a Realtor in Columbus, GA and believe you might have an excellent chance of finding the right job for you and your wife.

We have several large company in the banking industry that might fit your needs. They are Synovus and TSYS. We are also the world HDQ for AFLAC.

Let me know if you need any additional info. or you can go to my web site to find out more on Columbus. RothRealtor.com

Good luck,

Doug Roth

Old 09-16-2007, 02:55 PM

726 posts, read 3,590,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resolute View Post
US younger professionals are beginning to crop up in small towns all over the N. GA mountains. With high-speed internet service freely available, many now telecommute and work from up here, while maintaining a great lifestyle.. I can sit on my deck with my laptop, look at the beautiful mountains and talk to my clients all over the country and world without them knowing that I am in a town of 511 people! Airport in either Atlanta or Chattanooga is about 90 minutes away and anything else I need in the city. Not a bad spot to be!
Many people telecommute from Savannah and fly in to work ocasionally (New York or DC).
I was shocked to learn that relatives who live between Savannah and Augusta are getting fiber optic lines run to their farms on the River. Community population: 6. nearest town: 20 miles. Airport: 60 miles Traffic: none. neighbors: none. They had DSL 3 years before me..................................
Maybe I should move to the boonies.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:51 PM

12 posts, read 39,990 times
I moved from Sunrise, FL to Buford GA in 10/2006. Neighbors with Suwanee, GA. I love it here. If i drive 15min north more country. If i drive 35-45 min south i am in downtown atlanta. My job is 25 min North (As if i am going to S. Carolina). No traffic (no matther what time of day). I try to avoid downtown ATL toooooo much traffic.
Sometimes you are 10 miles from home and be in traffic for over an hour. God forbid a rainy friday. Its over. Just call in for work or rent a hotel for the night.

Overall...I really like it here

Old 09-20-2007, 07:16 AM

483 posts, read 2,087,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndor75 View Post
I try to avoid downtown ATL toooooo much traffic.
Sometimes you are 10 miles from home and be in traffic for over an hour. God forbid a rainy friday. Its over. Just call in for work or rent a hotel for the night.
Ha! How true. One friday traffic was so bad, I decided to just work late and wait for it to clear up. Fell asleep on the co. sofa, woke up at 2:30 am and headed home. No traffic at that time of morning, right?

Wrong. I-75 looked like an LA freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia