U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Status: "Speaking gets your voice heard, but think beforehand." (set 12 hours ago)

3,356 posts, read 3,587,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Perhaps she wants to feel connected to her people and her roots. There is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you need to develop some tolerance of people who have different opinions than you.
I suppose in that manner I am a hypocrite. Won't deny that.

I have an intolerance of people who don't have tolerance for everyone. Did I mention I can't tolerate myself sometimes?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Status: "Speaking gets your voice heard, but think beforehand." (set 12 hours ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR23 View Post
I am not the least bit racist or anything like that. I just prefer to be around people that I have more in common with. When i'm around yankees, they are always wanting to know where I came from, wanting to tell me what's wrong with the way we do things, making fun of the way I talk, etc....Believe me, it gets old real quick.

I would love to stay in middle Georgia, but I need money. There are not many jobs here right now.
Not all "yankees" are this way. Unfortunately, it seems like you ran in to the wrong ones.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
You are right. I went in the US Army in 1957 at the tender age of 19, having never been outside the South and got sent to New Jersey for tech school. Boy did I get an education. Since then I have traveled many times up North and nothing has changed. The northern perception is we are all dumb toothless hicks.
When you go to a place like New Jersey with a southern accent, you'll be looked at in the same manner as someone from New Jersey moving to Georgia. Just the other way around. And this is the truth for a certain percentage of the population anywhere you go. The other half doesn't care where you came from regardless of your accent or mannerisms.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 AM

3 posts, read 2,376 times
I think i'm going to go with the Savannah job. I don't think it will be too bad if I live about 30 min to an hour out and commute in every day.

I'm hoping something will work out where I can move back somewhere in middle Georgia after a few years. I like being around people I have more in common with that aren't going to pester me for being who I am....i don't see anything wrong with that.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 PM

9,127 posts, read 21,517,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR23 View Post
Which city has a lower percentage of yankees? Atlanta or Savannah?
Considering this is no longer 1864 and we are all AMERICANS, I see no reason for a bigoted-themed thread such as this or the back and forth jabs it's generating.

"Flush"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia