Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM

10 posts, read 26,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramot View Post
Hey there. I am from (West) Miramar Florida. I think that if you are considering Atlanta, the comparable cities to Miami Springs and Pinecrest would be Alpharetta and Johns Creek area. However, be forewarned the trafiic is horrible, so try to find jobs as close to where you'll be living as possible. Good Luck.
Thanks Sandramot! Atlanta traffic sounds just like Miami traffic. Would love to stay clear of that! Would also like to stay near the ocean. Where are you living? Are you enjoying being out of south florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 AM

10 posts, read 26,101 times
Are the communities in Pooler or Richmond Hill mostly gated cookie cutter homes or are there older neighborhoods that are considered good family/school/nice areas????? Or even areas considered to be wealthy that are not in a gated community???? Thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 12:03 AM

Location: West Augusta, GA, ATL, MIAMI, TAMPA, LA, HOUSTON, D.C.
88 posts, read 123,850 times
augusta is a fast growing city. Its been predicited that our economy would grow at a faster pace than the rest of the state. South augusta has alot of quiet areas, west augusta is the most urban. Downtown has residential/lofts/condos available, some more condos are being constructed on now. First friday is a mardi gras downtown, also we have alot more festivals or concerts. Martinez is in west richmond county & columbia county its a suburb of augusta with about 30,000 ppl. Evans is a suburb of augusta in columbia county with about 70,000 ppl. Other suburbs of augusta are grovetown, harlem, hephzibah, blythe, thomson, aiken, north augusta, burke county, & more.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,104 times
I agree with the previous posts...I am actually from the Cutler Ridge area of Miami and now live in Suwanee (near Johns Creek). I do love it here...close enough to Atlanta but far enough away to get away to the mtns, go river rafting and enjoy the HUGE mall up in Buford!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:45 PM

18 posts, read 51,156 times
Hi again. I posted to your inquiry on Aug 22. Again, I live in the Redlands and want out. I just got back from the Rome - Summerville area this past Thursday. What a difference. People actually smile and talk to you when you go into stores. Of the houses I looked at to buy none of them had their doors locked. Traffic is nothing compared to Miami. I got pre approved for a Mgt and my yearly insurance cost on a $300000 house is $350. Down town Rome is very similar to Coconut Grove 20 years ago.My house is going up for sale this Tuesday. If you know of someone that wants to move to the Redlands please let me know. I am really looking forward to moving up there.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Hi again. The owner of the property that I liked in Summerville accepted my offer. As such I am going to the Rome/ Summerville area the 29 of Nov with my wife so she can see the house and the towns. She came to Miami from Cuba when she was 6 and I am hoping that she can handle the laid back life style. If not then I guess we will have to stay in the Redland. This place is getting way too crowded.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,248 times
Default I just escaped from Dade County!

Hey, my first time on this and found it interesting and informative enough to join in. I have lived in Miami Dade county for way too long...I"m a native too! I worked for a radio station there and eventually resigned and wanted to move and get a fresh start. You're right, Miami is insane with traffic and construction and I have noticed a lot more rudeness in people and the schools are full of drugs. I think everyone is just really stressed out down there. I recently came to Georgia..lived her in my twenties, loved it and wanted to come back. I am currently in Roswell..great place to live, great schools, super friendly people, but still..not sure this is where I will plant myself or my family. I have heard so many conflicting things about Savannah. I love the idea of a smaller town with loads of history and old architecture and the feel from being somewhere that is unique.
But what are the facts about Savannah? Is it below Sea level? Is a good place to raise kids? I have a six year old very active little boy.
Is it loaded with drugs? I work from home now..so I command my own salary but my main concern is raising kids here? I'm a single mom too..I'm looking for a new place to call home and you guys seem like you can help!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:01 PM

10 posts, read 43,585 times
Peachtree City has the same vibe as Pinecrest in terms of shopping, restaurants & sophistication. You'll find that there are many homes that are comparable to the more modest homes in Pinecrest and others comparable to the best properties in Pinecrest. The same is true certain areas of Fayetteville. In PTC there are some beautiful, high-end lake properties. A realtor can direct you to the best spots. Both areas have top ranked schools. Traffic is not brutal and you can enjoy a safe life there without many headaches. This Spring we visited the area & I found it to be low-key without being boring, people are super-friendly & genuine and there's just enough to do to keep yourselves and the kids busy. There are lots of trees, people riding in golf-carts and a simple life. It's not a "showy" area, so don't expect ostentatious displays of wealth and mega-mansion upon mega-mansion. PTC is about the same geographical size as Pinecrest/Palmetto Bay & Fayetteville is right next door and has Kendall-type shopping with all the restaurants & big box stores you need without looking like suburban stip-mall city. I've lived in Miami almost 30 years & know Pinecrest well, and I think its a possible match.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Well my wife and I are again going to try to move to Summerville or Rome. The property taxes in Rome seem to be actually higher that here in Miami so we are looking at Summerville. We are currently interested in a house located on Autum Wood Road in a development called " The Ridges ". It's a 4/3 on 2+ acres. That is not my idea of what a development is and I was wondering if anybody could offer some insight into the area or development. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia