U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 06:00 AM

92 posts, read 204,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
Hi!

Yes, I feel the EXACT same way. I lived in Atlanta Metro for 6 years, but for family reasons, decided to move back to the Midwest in '07.

I MISS ATL everyday like crazy, but after being away going on 5 years, through the grace of God, we will be in a great position to move back next summer. I'm looking for townhouses right now.

It always felt like home to me, hard to explain, but I know exactly where you're coming from!
Oh geeze, get off of the ATL 'tip'. There is not much about Atlanta and its suburbs that can closely relate to most of the rest of GA. I live in truly southern South GA and have been all over the state except for maybe in between ATL and Augusta and also the mountain region. I have yet to see any resemblance to the rest of GA in Atlanta for sure. Heck, y'all may as well go the suburban DC or other northeast suburban areas of their cities if you want to discuss anything about Atlanta. With the continued, and seemingly infinite overdevelopment and advent of new cul de sac developments, Atlanta gets less southern every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 620 times
I miss GA so much! Mind you, I am originally from Puerto Rico. I had to move to South Florida due to work, but I've had a really hard time adjusting to this state. There's no such thing as "southern hospitality", and people in my experience here are rude. Atlanta and Georgia as a state have a lot to offer, not to mention the changes of season, which I really loved. I hope to be back really soon. Georgia, please know that you're on my mind

Old 10-13-2012, 12:06 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,470,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenMile View Post
I have to leave Georgia. Personal reasons have forced me to have to go back home to the Pacific NW. I've been in Georgia since 2005 and after 6 years of living here, I very happily consider myself a Southerner now. And it's with a sense of pride that I say that. I don't want to live anywhere else! I absolutely love the people here and I love living here. My one question for this personal posting is how many people out there who have moved here from other places feel this way too. I've read postings on this web site (mostly the northern ones) and they bad mouth the south so badly and they're not even respectful or nice about it. I bite my tounge when I read them. They don't know true Southerners. And I do! And I wish I could stay here the rest of my life. I'm already sad now and I haven't even had to get on the plane yet. Miss you already... and I hope to see you again soon.
We moved to GA from the Northwest also. It was two years ago, and was going to be a temporary assignment. We decided to stay. Our family is very happy here even though we miss all those we left behind.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 AM

12,050 posts, read 11,109,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenMile View Post
I have to leave Georgia. Personal reasons have forced me to have to go back home to the Pacific NW. I've been in Georgia since 2005 and after 6 years of living here, I very happily consider myself a Southerner now. And it's with a sense of pride that I say that. I don't want to live anywhere else! I absolutely love the people here and I love living here. My one question for this personal posting is how many people out there who have moved here from other places feel this way too. I've read postings on this web site (mostly the northern ones) and they bad mouth the south so badly and they're not even respectful or nice about it. I bite my tounge when I read them. They don't know true Southerners. And I do! And I wish I could stay here the rest of my life. I'm already sad now and I haven't even had to get on the plane yet. Miss you already... and I hope to see you again soon.
I'm from California originally, but after having lived in the Atlanta area since 2005 and southern Virginia from 2001 to 2003 and travelling extensively through Tennessee (mostly Nashville area), I wouldn't dream of living anywhere else. The South is the best region in the country -- nicest climates, landscapes and people.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,021,068 times
Very nice to here you say this as a transplant. I am in Texas now and miss Georgia something fierce, had to come for personal family reasons too. But Georgia is my home, and most people feel this way about "home."

One of these days, I will be back!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 AM

3,647 posts, read 4,744,829 times
It's good to hear all of the positive comments about my home state. There are, indeed, "two Georgias".

As for me, I left the sprawling mess of metro Atlanta in June and am happily a Tennessean again -- for the second time!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 22,144 times
Safe travels!!! I really do like it here, north of Atlanta. it's really growing, but the crime is as well. We shall see what the future holds. I'm sure you'll stop by time and again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia