Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 8,959 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I recently moved to Cumming from South Florida. I have been reading some of your posts. Are there REALLY other Jewish families in Cumming besides mine?? I would love to hear from anyone. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 06:52 PM

21 posts, read 134,651 times
Hi! Yes, there really are Jewish families here in Cumming - and more than 1!! We too are from S. Fl, and moved here last summer - pretty different, huh? I will say that the Jewish community here has been especially welcoming. We have met lots of great people - Jewish and not. It's just been a bit chilly, though!!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 8,959 times
Hi fooner - Everyone here is very nice and welcoming. Do you have any play groups or anything like that for your kids? I would like to get in contact with you if you are interested.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 AM

6 posts, read 25,880 times
Wink May be moving to Cumming Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjenbun View Post
Hi all - I recently moved to Cumming from South Florida. I have been reading some of your posts. Are there REALLY other Jewish families in Cumming besides mine?? I would love to hear from anyone. Thanks!!!
Hi, I just read your note and have been wondering the same thing- I am in the middle of a big move ( not sure yet) and I have a teenager so it just makes is more difficult- I am very concerned and have visited Cumming many times and the new High School- I also live in Florida right now- Could you please tell me if you like it there and are happy with the move- Thank you

Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooner View Post
Hi! Yes, there really are Jewish families here in Cumming - and more than 1!! We too are from S. Fl, and moved here last summer - pretty different, huh? I will say that the Jewish community here has been especially welcoming. We have met lots of great people - Jewish and not. It's just been a bit chilly, though!!
Where do you live and where did you live in florida? I have a 14 year old son I am very concerned about the move for him-

Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 AM

We were just there again and looked at some beautiful communities that were near the new High School they just built- West Forsyth- really nice in the areas we looked- It's just a really hard decision to make and we just got an offer on my house

Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 AM

Default move

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygirl View Post
Where do you live and where did you live in florida? I have a 14 year old son I am very concerned about the move for him-
This is really a hard decision to make

Old 06-02-2007, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 19,955 times
Cool bi-racial couples in ga

my son and his wife are thinking about moving to cumming ga she is white and he black well i am white and hie dad is black we have heard some pretty bad stories about cumming ga well the whole state of ga are people still real predjuice down there we live in va in gods country and its wonderful here but my daughter in laws father lives and works in cumming ga he works at a rehab center there someone please respond back right away to me my son is suppose to be moving in a few weeks.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:04 PM

Wink Looking to make a move-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygirl View Post
We were just there again and looked at some beautiful communities that were near the new High School they just built- West Forsyth- really nice in the areas we looked- It's just a really hard decision to make and we just got an offer on my house
Is anyone familiar with good communities that have teenagers?

Old 06-02-2007, 09:30 PM

3 posts, read 21,905 times
There is a synagogue near cumming in Alpharetta, Congregation Gesher L'Torah. There are plenty of Jewish popular neighborhoods within walking distance of synagogues. Good luck and welcome!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia