Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM

63 posts, read 95,886 times

Advertisements

I am. I've only been in this twilight zone for 4 years. I'm from Long Island and when people ask me where I am from, either online, etc... I say NY. I am NOT going to say GA, cause most of the time they ask me what that is and some people question me if it means that I am GAY=GA. I don't watch the news in this place or read the newspaper from this place, I don't want to know anything about this place. I read the New York Times or Post online so I KNOW about what is going on there every day.

I NEVER seen this place as a home, not the outside twilight zone world or the home, or EVEN my room. I feel like I am living in a hotel or something. I don't like how this whole place looks like. And the people I do not understand what they are trying to say so I just ignore them. For some reason, they overdue the smiling and people from inside their cars wave hi to me, but I don't know them? Weird. I guess that's what happens when you live in an anti-social environment where it's design for cars--- NOT people.

No, I will NOT live in this twilight zone forever. I will eventually move back to NY, but until then I am going to complain. My friends visited from NY and they said all they saw was green. That's all I see. They only lasted 2 days while they were suppose to stay 3 weeks, there reason is that they couldn't stand this place, they claim it's not even a normal place for humans to live in and I agree.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:54 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
What an interesting post.

I don't have a problem saying I live in GA, and I've been here long enough now (almost five years) that I do consider it home, but I still haven't shaken my MN roots, so the answer I give to the question "where are you from?" will depend a lot on context.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:04 PM

593 posts, read 2,893,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusX View Post
I'm from Long Island and when people ask me where I am from, either online, etc... I say NY. I am NOT going to say GA, cause most of the time they ask me what that is and some people question me if it means that I am GAY=GA.
Why would I be embarrased?
Because if I use the official postal abbreviation in a chat room, people will think I'm gay???!!!

That sounds like a level of insecurity that warrants seeing a mental health professional.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagbark Hickory View Post
Why would I be embarrased?
Because if I use the official postal abbreviation in a chat room, people will think I'm gay???!!!

That sounds like a level of insecurity that warrants seeing a mental health professional.

it means what they are trying to say and that is "What the hell is Georgia?" I see this state a solitary confinement, saying I am from Georgia is like saying I'm in jail. It's pretty embarrassing this place.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM

247 posts, read 1,289,870 times
Quote:
I will eventually move back to NY, but until then I am going to complain.

And you think people from Georgia have the problem? Please don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:37 PM

93 posts, read 140,223 times
Quote:
I am. I've only been in this twilight zone for 4 years. I'm from Long Island and when people ask me where I am from, either online, etc... I say NY. I am NOT going to say GA, cause most of the time they ask me what that is and some people question me if it means that I am GAY=GA. I don't watch the news in this place or read the newspaper from this place, I don't want to know anything about this place. I read the New York Times or Post online so I KNOW about what is going on there every day.

I NEVER seen this place as a home, not the outside twilight zone world or the home, or EVEN my room. I feel like I am living in a hotel or something. I don't like how this whole place looks like. And the people I do not understand what they are trying to say so I just ignore them. For some reason, they overdue the smiling and people from inside their cars wave hi to me, but I don't know them? Weird. I guess that's what happens when you live in an anti-social environment where it's design for cars--- NOT people.

No, I will NOT live in this twilight zone forever. I will eventually move back to NY, but until then I am going to complain. My friends visited from NY and they said all they saw was green. That's all I see. They only lasted 2 days while they were suppose to stay 3 weeks, there reason is that they couldn't stand this place, they claim it's not even a normal place for humans to live in and I agree.
I think you have issues, i'm not from GA but i live here and when i travel and somebody ask me which state you're coming from i say GEORGIA.

You should be embarrassed about yourself for having such a low self esteem not about GA.

You should pack and move as soon as possible GA is embarrassed to have you as a resident.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:38 PM

744 posts, read 2,481,397 times
No
If other people have a problem with my home state - that is thier problem - not mine .
It just usually shows just how ignorant and intollerant of other people and places they really are.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I think you have issues, i'm not from GA but i live here and when i travel and somebody ask me which state you're coming from i say GEORGIA.

You should be embarrassed about yourself for having such a low self esteem not about GA.

You should pack and move as soon as possible GA is embarrassed to have you as a resident.

Low self esteem because I don't like GA and find it embarrassing? Why is it that the people who were born in another state like NY or CA and then moved to GA at a very young age -- 5 or so, say they are from that state they were born from even though they have lived in this STATE for over 20 years??? Maybe they are ashamed of this place???

Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Low self esteem because I don't like GA and find it embarrassing? Why is it that the people who were born in another state like NY or CA and then moved to GA at a very young age -- 5 or so, say they are from that state they were born from even though they have lived in this STATE for over 20 years??? Maybe they are ashamed of this place???
I was born in NY.... I have no problem saying I live in GA. I'm not ashamed at all.

Now if you want the truth, I lived in Massachusetts for 15 years and when I traveled around the US, sometimes it was embarrassing to tell people I was from MA. People automatically associate you with Michael Dukakis, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, gay marriage (I have no issue with gay marriage...marry whomever), and all kinds of left wing causes. I have never felt that way about Georgia and chose to live to here.

As for the postal abbreviation for Georgia being GA and something about being gay? So you're saying that you hate living in Georgia because some person without a brain might say..."oh...you're G-Ay." If so, pretty sad for you.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times
Quote:
. . . . they claim it's not even a normal place for humans to live in and I agree.
Boo.

did somebody call. . . .

No need in crying about it. Move if you don't like it. I feel fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia