Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:21 PM

28 posts, read 93,294 times

Advertisements

I am a Georgia Native, all 38 years of my life. I live in the town where my great, great, great grandparents are buried and all those grandparents in between.

I do laugh at some of the advice that transplants give on this site, well intended no doubt, but very often off the mark a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 02:26 PM

71 posts, read 706,302 times
Smile Georgia Native

I am a Georgia native....born and bred right here in Georgia, prettiest state east of the Mississippi!

Georgia has a LOT of folks from up North because Georgia has it all - mountains, sea shore, big cities, small towns, farms - you name, Georgia has it!!

Old 09-29-2006, 06:32 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
Most of Georgia is inhabited by native Georgians. If you exclude the Atlanta area and some areas along the I-75 corridor, you will find that most people's families go back for many generations. Even in the Northern part of the Atlanta area, most people are native Georgians.

I think the transplants just stick out more, so you tend to notice them. I think Florida has way more transplants than Georgia or North Carolina. It's just that y'all aren't used to it.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:43 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,081,214 times
One would assume that being a native of Georgia,you would be a Georgia Bulldog fan.I've lived in Georgia all my life and I'm a Die-hard Tennessee Vols fan.GO VOLS

Old 10-31-2006, 10:18 PM

9 posts, read 39,468 times
Default Georgia Native? Is there such a thing? - YES! There is.

I am a Georgia native. I've been here for 40+ years. I lived in FL once for 3 years but other than that, I've lived here all my life. I have no intention of leaving again, at least not on a permanent basis. I also have a large family who have lived here all their lives.

I've come to the conclusion that I was lucky to be born in such a fabulous place. We have great weather, 4 seasons, the mountains, the beach, and a rich heritage. What more could I ask for?

M

Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
GP2

81 posts, read 999,716 times
I`m a Georgia native....born in Dublin, Georgia now reside in Warner Robins.....

Old 11-01-2006, 10:23 AM
GP2

81 posts, read 999,716 times
I know what you mean cabinfever...I`m a die hard FSU fan (even though they have stunk since Mark Richt left-BOBBY!! ITS TIME TO RETIRE!!!!!)

Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
Come on, we got rid of Spurrier just so y'all would love us now!

Old 11-01-2006, 05:14 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
I know what you mean cabinfever...I`m a die hard FSU fan (even though they have stunk since Mark Richt left-BOBBY!! ITS TIME TO RETIRE!!!!!)
Yeah I guess old Bobby just isn't getting the job done this year as for Richt he has had our number since he came to SEC(except for the whoopin we put on them this year).I think Richt is getting his sweet revenge for beating yall for the 98 Championship.Bobby needs to get on that recruiting wagon and get him some decent players.I don't see his job being in jeopardy but if he has another year like this year,he will be in the hotseat.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Come on, we got rid of Spurrier just so y'all would love us now!
Speaking of the old BallCoach Spurrier,I am glad he's back.The SEC just wasn't the same without him.As bad as we played Spurrier on defense this year we were lucky to come out with that win.To bad their QB is a senior this year,I would hate to have another game with him in it.That boy has some serious speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia