U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 PM

569 posts, read 415,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
LOL all I can say is wow. You people are infatuated with interstates. You actually think they make a city??? You could fit Rome and Milledgeville together in a corner of Columbus.

Ever seen this in Milledgeville, Georgia???

http://www.alexandercontractingco.co...e79f292665.JPG
This is already completed, it says ft. benning on one side and columbus ga on the other, with big water fountains on the side..

Old 12-18-2011, 12:48 PM

93 posts, read 223,546 times
I'm sorry this dude from Columbus wants his city to bigger than what it is. The population of a city has NOTHING to do with the feel of it. I've said it before, Rome and Columbus both have the same feel even though Columbus is much larger than Rome. NO ONE outside of Columbus sees that city as large metropolitan area in GA. When people think of one outside of Atlanta, most think of Savannah, Macon, and some even Augusta. Growing up my mother hated the city, but had no problem living in Columbus. To this day it does not have much of city/urban feel to it. Which is not a bad thing!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 PM

569 posts, read 415,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsme View Post
I'm sorry this dude from Columbus wants his city to bigger than what it is. The population of a city has NOTHING to do with the feel of it. I've said it before, Rome and Columbus both have the same feel even though Columbus is much larger than Rome. NO ONE outside of Columbus sees that city as large metropolitan area in GA. When people think of one outside of Atlanta, most think of Savannah, Macon, and some even Augusta. Growing up my mother hated the city, but had no problem living in Columbus. To this day it does not have much of city/urban feel to it. Which is not a bad thing!
The way that columbus is building I'd expect them to have a downtown expressway and at least some highrises by now... but I heard some things are going on where they cant do that. hopefully these so called highrise condos will stretch toward J.R. allen freeway the future I-14 so the can have some highrise near the expressway to make the city seem like something more than a military city

Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,600,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahitsme View Post

I'm from Georgia and lived in Rome and Columbus but to say Columbus feel like Rome is going too far. Rome feels like it's piers such as Dalton, Gainesville, and Hinesville.

Columbus while it's bigger than Macon and Savannah may feel smaller but it feels much bigger than Rome. I would put Columbus between Macon and Albany honestly because it feels faster than Albany but slower than Macon.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:40 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,725,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
I'm from Georgia and lived in Rome and Columbus but to say Columbus feel like Rome is going too far. Rome feels like it's piers such as Dalton, Gainesville, and Hinesville.

Columbus while it's bigger than Macon and Savannah may feel smaller but it feels much bigger than Rome. I would put Columbus between Macon and Albany honestly because it feels faster than Albany but slower than Macon.
There is nothing fast about any of GA's 2nd tier cities. Once you get off of I-75, Macon is a slow, sleepy town. I was just off Zebulon Road yesterday.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:22 AM

107 posts, read 90,633 times
Quote:
There is nothing fast about any of GA's 2nd tier cities. Once you get off of I-75, Macon is a slow, sleepy town. I was just off Zebulon Road yesterday.

No Comment to your slow sleepy town opinion; But Obiviously you weren't in Macon bacause Zebulon Rd is not off of 75...... It's off of 475......if you were truely in the city of Macon....

Old 12-20-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
No Comment to your slow sleepy town opinion; But Obiviously you weren't in Macon bacause Zebulon Rd is not off of 75...... It's off of 475......if you were truely in the city of Macon....
Was all over Macon that day. Yes, it is a small, sleepy town once you get off of the interstates. Just stating the facts.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 PM

139 posts, read 289,938 times
Quote:
Was all over Macon that day. Yes, it is a small, sleepy town once you get off of the interstates. Just stating the facts.
Not counting the interstates, venture off in Macon unto 2nd Street, Broadway, MLK, Eisenhower, Mercer Univ. Dr, Pio Nono, Riverside Dr, Gray Hwy, Shurling Dr, etc....if these roads and highways are characteristic of a "sleepy little town" then what do you think Victory Dr, Manchester Expy, Veterans, etc. in Columbus are in comparison? Super Highways??? LOL.

Face it. Everyone in here other than people from Columbus said it feels slower than Macon and the other second tier GA cities. This guy even said Tallahassee doesnt feel larger than Columbus. I suppose Columbus' peers are Charleston, Columbia or maybe even Jacksonville and Charlotte. What a joke.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentyoung12 View Post
Not counting the interstates, venture off in Macon unto 2nd Street, Broadway, MLK, Eisenhower, Mercer Univ. Dr, Pio Nono, Riverside Dr, Gray Hwy, Shurling Dr, etc....if these roads and highways are characteristic of a "sleepy little town" then what do you think Victory Dr, Manchester Expy, Veterans, etc. in Columbus are in comparison? Super Highways??? LOL.

Face it. Everyone in here other than people from Columbus said it feels slower than Macon and the other second tier GA cities. This guy even said Tallahassee doesnt feel larger than Columbus. I suppose Columbus' peers are Charleston, Columbia or maybe even Jacksonville and Charlotte. What a joke.
Like I said, just stating the obvious.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM

107 posts, read 90,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentyoung12 View Post

I give up, I'm not sure what these guys from Columbus are smoking; I guess Next they will be saying Columbus is a mirror city of Columbus Ohio; there is no telling what these guys will say next.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia