Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 PM

39 posts, read 179,489 times

Advertisements

Moved to LaGrange from SC and HATE it here. Property tax is terrible, hear that a handful of people run the town. There is nothing here and I have heard many say (who have been here for years) they do not like LaGrange. I would not advise ANYONE to move ANYWHERE on an ellective move without "camping" out for several months to see how you like an area. I will say the people who work in the stores (what few there are) are much nicer than in SC but the people who live here are not friendly. Anyone new to LaGrange and have not found a friend, I would like a reply to my email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,547 times
Did you move to La Grange from another small town in SC?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:54 PM

Smile move to LaGrange

No, a large town in SC.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:48 AM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,547 times
Well, you have moved to slower paced town. One of the good things is, you are not to far from Columbus or Atlanta.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:38 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,893 times
It could be worse.. you could have moved to Augusta.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:53 AM

670 posts, read 2,998,497 times
I think it's probably a bit of culture shock. When we moved from the DFW area to Columbus we knew it would be smaller town life (we've lived that before so that wasn't a huge thing), but it is difficult to get used to. I wish you luck with whatever you decide.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM

57 posts, read 235,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mof29212 View Post
Moved to LaGrange from SC and HATE it here. Property tax is terrible, hear that a handful of people run the town. There is nothing here and I have heard many say (who have been here for years) they do not like LaGrange. I would not advise ANYONE to move ANYWHERE on an ellective move without "camping" out for several months to see how you like an area. I will say the people who work in the stores (what few there are) are much nicer than in SC but the people who live here are not friendly. Anyone new to LaGrange and have not found a friend, I would like a reply to my email.
I was considering relocating to LaGrange and was wondering just how small of a town is it? What exactly about it makes you dislike it?

Old 10-21-2007, 06:31 PM

Unhappy LaGrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly40 View Post
I was considering relocating to LaGrange and was wondering just how small of a town is it? What exactly about it makes you dislike it?
For me it is SUCH a change from a larger city; however I have not found people who reach out to newcomers. I am very "social" and will admit I have not reached out but you do expect your neighbors (after 6 plus months) to come and at least introduce themselves. After 6 months I have not had one welcome from anyone on my street. Now someone down the street who was moving away due to her husband,s job change did come up and speak, tell us they would be moving. "They had been here for years (over 10) and she said she really had not enjoyed living here and many people we have met outside the city tell us, they have heard many people say they had not enjoyed living in LaGrange. It is just not a friendly place. Also, the property taxes are very high. In our previous resident, in another state, the property tax for 2 houses was $800. This has increased to almost $3,000 for ONE house.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 26,529 times
You could have move to clayton county a couple of counties over.Were you would be robbed while gasing your car up or maybe even shot for no reason.Send your kids to schools where you either join a gang or get beat down.Have you house broken into by some methhead looking for something valuible to pawn so they can get thier high.Now stop and think would you rather live where it is quite and peaceful or Hell.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 PM

Moving to LaGrange-Dentist prices are OUT OF SIGHT. Do go somewhere else for a root canal. This is not a cheap procedure anywhere but here $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$- just unreasonable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia