Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:42 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,264,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
If these hispanics are U.S. citizens, then why should the city and county politicians do anything ? Has it been proven that they are illegal ?
While no one has "proven" anything, there's obviously a problem with illegals in Canton- that's why the county tried to pass a law in 2006 requiring landlords to verify the legality of potential tenants. Of course, the ACLU came in and got the law overturned, so now there's the problem that Hounddog is experiencing.

Illegal or not, if you're going to send your kids to school in a town (or country) where the spoken language is English, it's incumbent upon you to get your kids to speak English- it's not the school district's responsibility. You don't see people coming over from Japan and expecting the school districts to have ESL classes to transition their kids from Japanese to English.

All of that aside, as Greywolf mentioned, this isn't a Canton-wide problem- the new Canton Elementary School is just in the area where the hispanics are concentrated, hence the problem at that school. There are plenty of other locations in Canton and the surrounding towns that don't have this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 06:02 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,820,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf73 View Post
That's the first I've ever heard about Canton Elementary, but it's brand new. Also, it's right near the very high Hispanic population over there. But to say you would think twice about moving to Canton if you have children is absurd. I have 2 kids at Sixes. I could not be happier with that school. In fact almost all of the schools in Canton are top ranked. Part of the reason we moved here was specifically for the schools. If you move to Canton just look at homes that are zoned for Sixes, Liberty, Hickory Flat, Arnold Mill etc. If you have kids stay away from Clayton County...but Cherokee is great.
Most of the illegal Mexicans live within the Canton Elementary School District. Most were re-districted from the Hasty Elementary district to the new school. Even though Hasty is on the west side of I-575, most of its students now live on the east side of I-575.

However, as far as elementary schools go, Canton and Hasty elementaries probably have the highest Mestizo populations. On the other hand, other nearby schools, including Holly Springs Elementary, the new Knox Springs Elementary, Liberty Elementary, Sixes Elementary, Avery Elementary, etc. have much lower numbers of Mestizos.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
If these hispanics are U.S. citizens, then why should the city and county politicians do anything ? Has it been proven that they are illegal ?
Why should they do anything? Well, because most don't speak English, and most are illegal. Even then, legal or not, a Mestizo tide will destroy an area, much as has been done to thousands of communities in the southwestern U.S.

Furthermore, where is the love for the white community which is having everything taken over? There seems to be no sympathy for whites.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
While no one has "proven" anything, there's obviously a problem with illegals in Canton- that's why the county tried to pass a law in 2006 requiring landlords to verify the legality of potential tenants. Of course, the ACLU came in and got the law overturned, so now there's the problem that Hounddog is experiencing.

Illegal or not, if you're going to send your kids to school in a town (or country) where the spoken language is English, it's incumbent upon you to get your kids to speak English- it's not the school district's responsibility. You don't see people coming over from Japan and expecting the school districts to have ESL classes to transition their kids from Japanese to English.

All of that aside, as Greywolf mentioned, this isn't a Canton-wide problem- the new Canton Elementary School is just in the area where the hispanics are concentrated, hence the problem at that school. There are plenty of other locations in Canton and the surrounding towns that don't have this problem.
The ACLU is an un-American hate group, in my opinion, as they attack everything good and normal in this country. They stand up for illegal immigratioin, debauchery, perversion, and they work to circumvent U.S. Law. They should not exist.

ACLU="American" Communist Lawyers Union.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:14 PM

5 posts, read 13,246 times
Default Still looking to move??

Are the people that were originally on here to find a place to move to in Georgia still looking for somewhere??

Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 13,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf73 View Post
That's the first I've ever heard about Canton Elementary, but it's brand new. Also, it's right near the very high Hispanic population over there. But to say you would think twice about moving to Canton if you have children is absurd. I have 2 kids at Sixes. I could not be happier with that school. In fact almost all of the schools in Canton are top ranked. Part of the reason we moved here was specifically for the schools. If you move to Canton just look at homes that are zoned for Sixes, Liberty, Hickory Flat, Arnold Mill etc. If you have kids stay away from Clayton County...but Cherokee is great.
Sixes area is a higher income area and therefore not as many illegals live there. However, Canton is quite different and I invite you to look into the problem at Canton schools in relation to illegal immigrants. The school board will not even speak to parents about it. It's terrible.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 13,961 times
The population of illegals is growing in Canton. Is Canton a safe haven city for illegals?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddog999 View Post
The population of illegals is growing in Canton. Is Canton a safe haven city for illegals?
Apparently, Canton passed a measure about a year or two ago to require renters to prove U.S. citizenship, but the Anti-American ACLU thugs came in and shut it down with a lawsuit. I say it's time for public officials to follow U.S. immigration law and carry out their plans, the ACLU be damned. Any municipality following U.S. immigration law should, according to the law, be in the right.

A=American
C=Communist
L=Lawyers
U=Union

Old 12-01-2008, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,007 times
I am a recently married man and I am looking to move from florida to the canton area. I have read alot of the posts in this forum and I have my concerns because my wife and I are looking to move there and raise a family. I grew up in a small town in florida and have lived in some big cities too. I saw a post about a guy who moved from canton because of the drug addicts problem and so on. That is an issue anywhere you live. It is all in how you live and how you raise your children. Everywhere has problems. My wife is a teacher and I do want the safest environment for her. Does anyone have any advice as to which schools she should apply to. I mean some of the posts make this place out to seem like it is a crime ridden town full of illegal aliens. Or should I just move to jasper and commute? Does anyone know the best place to move?

Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,264,404 times
There's only a small area of town that has the issues with the illegals and the schools that suffer because of them. As long as you stay out of the Hasty Elementary/Teasley Middle School area, you'll do fine. Bear in mind that there's a large area of unincorporated Cherokee County that gets a "Canton" mailing address, and a large portion of Holly Springs that does as well. We live in Holly Springs and have a Canton mailing address, and our kids are doing excellent in school, with no problems whatsoever.

WRT the "drug addicts", I've heard about this in the past as well, yet I never see anything on the news or in the paper regarding this supposed problem. That's not to say that it doesn't exist, but if it was as bad as some folks make it out to be, I'm sure it'd attract at least some news coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia