U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:09 PM

26 posts, read 97,384 times

Advertisements

move to the country. South Georgia Vidalia and surrounding has alot to offer.
let me know if your interested and need information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 04:50 PM

276 posts, read 1,028,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BethH View Post
Cherokee County is still great for horses. I have owned a horse here for 26 years, and board her on a friend's 12 acres nearby. Cherokee is convenient to everything, but still has a peaceful, rural feel - and horses are definitely welcome! Taxes here are still reasonable as well.
Hi there,
I have been looking alot into Cherekee County this past week and have found quite alot in the area that is very doable for my family. My daughter would love a horse but we dont want to live that rural. Are there places that you can board a horse and still be able to ride as well? My family is now living in SWFL and looking to upsize(own vs rent) and live a quieter more hospitalble coexistance and also have a higher quality of life in a rural america. GA has come very highly reccomended both from family and friends as well as others here on this wonderful forum and another I belong too. Any info you could give me on the area would be awesome..The more info we have the better. I want to make a well informed decison and be happy where we move and also feel welcome and become part of the community not just another homeowner....Thanks so much..Lisa

Old 06-17-2007, 05:00 PM

196 posts, read 661,340 times
Nisbeysgirl,

I saw a boarding farm and riding stable today just right outside Grayson toward Conyers. It looked very nice.. There are also lots of farms in that area that could be used for horses...

Old 06-17-2007, 05:09 PM

276 posts, read 1,028,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123 View Post
Nisbeysgirl,

I saw a boarding farm and riding stable today just right outside Grayson toward Conyers. It looked very nice.. There are also lots of farms in that area that could be used for horses...
Awesome....Grayson is on my list of to do...(lol) I really need to start narrowing my search down. We are thinking of moving in the fall or in the winter(oh my goodness it will actually be winter again lol)....Thanks for the help. My daughter would actually love a horse. I dont know if I want all that land that others mention but I wouldnt mind have a small area for a horse if possible or boarding one for her.I will have to check that out...If you find any info that I could check it out let me know. It has always been her dream..and being 11 I dont have much time left to spoil her as only a child can be hehe...thanks again ..Lisa

Old 10-28-2007, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,458 times
Default I am too a horse lover

I have one Arabian and one Walkng horse that I still enjoy to ride. A group of us like to go to Dawson Forest on the weekends to enjoy the 17,000 acres of wild refuge with trails and forest available to the public. I am also a real-estate agent that knows the best location for horse lovers. The number one sought after location for horse lovers in Ga is in the city of Alpharetta but still located in Cherokee County,because the taxes are lower. I have a ten acre tract that is located off of Old Jones Road Alpharetta Ga in Cherokee County. There is not a house on the property however it has a large yellow storage barn that has alot of character to it. It has four board fencing with a paved drive and beautiful gated entrance with fruit trees, with 90% pasture in this sought after location. The sellers are asking 1.1Million but they have left the price high to reserve who they would like to reside next to them, they would rather have a home owner who wants to build rather than someone who wants to build a commercial barn for their business. If you are interested you may see some photos of my listing at For Canton homes, Alpharetta homes, and Marietta homes, go to the expert: Tara Powell my email is also taraapowell@gmail.com
Or you may call for an appointment when your ready to visit.

Thank you. Tara Powell 678-296-2333

Old 10-28-2007, 06:33 PM

10 posts, read 23,011 times
Default how about Alabama?

If you are looking for cheaper property and property taxes, you may want to consider Alabama.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 PM

44 posts, read 217,304 times
Default Aiken, South Carolina is Horse Country

Aiken, SC is well-known as Horse Country. Polo matches are very common in that area and Aiken is a very quaint, upscale little town. Aiken has good restaurants, a nice downtown area and a mall. Not too big, but not too small. Aiken sits close to the Georgia line and is about 30 - 45 minutes from Augusta, Georgia.

The only drawback in my opinion is the fact that it is near a huge Nuclear Plant (Savannah River Plant) in Jackson, SC. However, that doesn't bother a lot of people because that plant employs thousands of people.

Check out these sites:

www.aiken.net

http://www.chimebellchase.com/

Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM

93 posts, read 148,650 times
Default 19 acres in Lafayette

Look in Walker County or MLS ID 1096964
Good Luck on your property hunt.
PlaneFolks

Old 11-11-2007, 05:15 AM

102 posts, read 459,287 times
Well, I have a place on 20.3 acres, great area to ride horses, few miles of dirt roads, very little cars to deal with.......it is in central NC. We are going to sell and move to NW Ga this summer. If you would like some info, send me an email and I would be happy to help.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 AM

726 posts, read 3,284,496 times
boarding farms and riding stables are all over Georgia.
There is one near us and my daughter feeds the horses twice a week in exchange for riding lessons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or