Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 AM

670 posts, read 2,998,208 times

Advertisements

I think depending on what you are used to commute wise, that it wouldn't be too bad. But I grew up as a teen in SoCal and my parents commuted 60-90 minutes EACH WAY so that's kind of what I'm used to. My husband OTOH except for when he did construction never commutes more than 30 minutes PERIOD except for traffic most of the time. He can't believe people commute that much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 AM

5 posts, read 16,015 times
I live in Dawsonville, Ga. about 60 miles north of Atlanta. I have my house on the market at 240 Etowah River Road, Dawsonville, Ga. 2.1 acres, house has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 levels. Close to everything but in a private setting. Email me if you are interested. My realtor has it on the web and you can look at pictures.
Good Luck in your search
Skytalker

Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 AM

136 posts, read 478,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly40 View Post
Thanks for the info but just curious as to know is LaGrange the only small city within commuting to Atl that is still affordable?
I depends on what you consider affordable. What type of house/property are you looking for and what is your price range? Some people consider 250k a deal while for others it's out of the question.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:45 AM

57 posts, read 235,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsmith15 View Post
I depends on what you consider affordable. What type of house/property are you looking for and what is your price range? Some people consider 250k a deal while for others it's out of the question.
I am looking for a two level if at all possible 4bdr,2ba in the price range of no more than 250K

Old 10-04-2007, 12:09 PM

I think you can definitely find that closer than 65 miles to Atlanta. If you are willing to purchase a resale you will have a wider selection. Look in areas outside of atlanta 30 plus miles.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM

29 posts, read 120,861 times
My daughter and her husband moved to Camilla from Nebraska, and although they really do love it there, in order to get into an apt. or house(they're staying in a motel presently)the utility deposits are outrageous. $179 just for electric, and who knows what for gas? Our utilities in Hastings, Neb. are only $35. deposit, no matter what your credit and that includes gas too all on one bill. Taxes on food too! We don't tax our food, unless it's fast food. I don't see how people make it there in Georgia unless they have super paying jobs. I wanted to move there to be close to my daughter but as I have a bad heart and am on disability, how would I make it?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 PM

67 posts, read 228,664 times
Default Columbus is a consolidated government

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
I don't think you'd find it there. We'd look for about 4 months and were unable to find anything on 2 acres for $250K in Columbus that was 4 bedrooms and not a mobile home. Maybe LaGrange?
You should have looked in Midland, which is part of Muscogee county and does have the property tax freeze which Troup County does not have a property tax freeze. Lagrange is a nice city as well and does have more mobile homes than Columbus. Each city is a winner for anyone wanting to move to Georgia.

If one is prior military, Columbus is best.

Good observation.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 8,373 times
You'll definitely have to stay outside of 100 mile radius of the Atlanta area. Just about anywhere outside of there you can find a house with 2 acres for 250k range.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga123 View Post
You'll definitely have to stay outside of 100 mile radius of the Atlanta area. Just about anywhere outside of there you can find a house with 2 acres for 250k range.
My home is 55 miles from downtown Atlanta. It is a 4/2 foot log cabin on 5.5 acres and I paid $235k for it in 2005. It needed a little cosmetic work as the previous owners were getting a divorce and I guess were too busy fighting to get it ready for the market. There are deals closer than 100 miles.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM

17 posts, read 59,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sention View Post
I am looking to move from Miami to GA in order to get away from the city life but I dont really know where to look. Im looking in the price range of 250k or less and would like a lot of at least 2 acres.

Any ideas on where I should look?
What areas of Georgia do you like? Do you want to be near Atlanta? What do you have to be near - especially job wise? Did you try HomesAndLand . com?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia