Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 12:24 AM

107 posts, read 364,011 times

Advertisements

I am at my witts end with my county tag office (CTO)!!!! I purchased a car awhile ago and never received my license plate. I asked the CTO about it and they told me that the dealer should have taken care of it. I told them that they dealer applied for the registration and plate for me, but that the registration should have gone to them and that they should have mailed it to me. The lady told me that they physically gave my plate to the dealer!! WTF?!? I said, "You're telling me that the dealer drove all the way down here and picked up my plate??" After realizing how stupid that sounded she back tracked and said, "Oh no, the other office should have mailed it." HUH? I asked who the "other" office was and she just gave me a number. I called and the "other" office said the CTO should have mailed it. So I went back to the CTO and told them that they should have mailed it. Again, I was told, by a new lady, that the dealer came and picked it up and that the dealer should have mailed it to me. She told me to file it as stolen. SO, whatever. I just want my plate. I went to the police station to report it lost/stollen and the cop said since I never had the plate that I can't file it as stolen OR lost. OH MY GOD!!

I have to go back to the CTO AGAIN and I'm at my witts end. What do I do??? Whomever I speak with just tells me that the dealer was supposed to handle it, and that they gave it to the dealer. That HAS to be illegal! I know the people at the CTO are lying; they are doing everything to skirt around them being responsible for mailing it.

HELP! what do i do???

Old 07-22-2012, 08:32 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
I just bought a car for my son recently and the license plate was mailed to me from the state, not the county. I received it exactly on the day the temporary expired, so I called the county a day before and asked what I do if I don't receive it before the temporary expires. They told me that the plate had been issued and was in the computer, but that if I didn't get it in the mail within 10 days, they could issue me a new one. I just had to come down and get it.

So not sure why this is a big deal. If they gave it to the dealer, go to the dealer and get it. If the dealer doesn't have it, then you can go to the county and get another one issued. Problem solved.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 AM

107 posts, read 364,011 times
I have tried to get another one from the county on four different occasions but they will not issue me one. The dealer is saying the county has it; the county is saying the dealer and/or the "other" (and i'm guessing they mean the state) has it. The state said the county has it. NO ONE HAS IT!!!! And the county won't issue me another one. This is nuts.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,826 times
The tag office folks work for the tax commissioner of that county. Call the TC and complain loudly. Find out when the next election is. Write a letter to the paper. Elected officials cannot stand bad publicity. A replacement tag is only 8 dollars, or used to be. It is not a problem for a tag office to reissue one. Sounds like you are going to have to make waves. I'd be curious to know which county you are having problems with.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,604 times
Not all tag office workers are that way because trust me ive had my fair share of rude stupid tag office workers in my day give me wrong info but the one in Georgia on lumpkin rd has good employees there and the girl at the first window as u first walk in is the best and shes so sweet try going to her im sure she could help u fix the problem and i think her name was Susie or sara or something with an s but if ur from georgia try her u will be helped the right way i go to her every time i need help shes great.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,580 times
Default 😂danzel in distress😝

Good Morning I live in the State of TX I need my New plates & Tags Its Taking up 60days Second Car Payment & Still No Tags I called the DNV Office that have NO Record of them at All From the Dealer to my understanding they have 10 days to turn it in for my Tags to the DNV by Law After they sell the Vehichicle to Someone But Still No Record of it Even the DNV Called the Dealer they said they would Go Turn it In that Day & Nothing Still.....Who Can I report this to So The Dealer Gets Penalized or Something Gets Done ASAP US THE DNV SAID THU HAVE UP TO 60 Days 2 get my Tags & Plates to Me & the DEALER SAID 90 Days So Which is it....DANZEL IN DISTRESS HELP:/

Old 06-26-2015, 07:01 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,162,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinksecret View Post
Good Morning I live in the State of TX I need my New plates & Tags Its Taking up 60days Second Car Payment & Still No Tags I called the DNV Office that have NO Record of them at All From the Dealer to my understanding they have 10 days to turn it in for my Tags to the DNV by Law After they sell the Vehichicle to Someone But Still No Record of it Even the DNV Called the Dealer they said they would Go Turn it In that Day & Nothing Still.....Who Can I report this to So The Dealer Gets Penalized or Something Gets Done ASAP US THE DNV SAID THU HAVE UP TO 60 Days 2 get my Tags & Plates to Me & the DEALER SAID 90 Days So Which is it....DANZEL IN DISTRESS HELP:/
Try asking in the Texas forum, if you haven't already: http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: