Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 05:14 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I agree with your statements as well. While there are certainly some employment centers around, most people who live in PTC are connected to the airline industry. For good reason - ATL is an easy and quick commute at any time of the day.

You are also correct in your assessment regarding getting from A to B in PTC - it tends to be quite pleasant and I rarely find myself frustrated (with the notable exception of the 54/74 intersection during rush hour).

Also, the option to take the golf cart or bicycle to get to one's destination is fantastic - although not necessarily fast.

Like I said in my initial post, commuting to downtown Atlanta is painful but commuting to the northside is a nightmare that I would never subject myself to.

I've been trying to think of more negatives but haven't really been able to come up with anything. I quite like it in PTC - but I think it may be rather boring for teens or young singles. It truly is more family oriented although there has been quite a bit of "graying" going on as well with the elderly population gaining a lot of ground.
Peachtree City's location has certainly not hindered its growth. Indeed, the city is essentially "built out" and there's an eager market waiting for the recently annexed sections of the city to begin development.

People who choose to live there certainly know what they're getting into. And the absolutely truth is, you CAN live in Fayette County and commute to other parts of the Metro (including the north side) without selling your soul to the devil. For several years, I lived in PTC and commuted to downtown Atlanta (72 Marietta Street) and it was not "difficult." It was pretty darn painless, in fact. Of course, that was 10 years ago but still, the growth down there hasn't been too overwhelmimg. What ended up killing me was the mileage -- about 70 miles RT five days a week.

To the OP: Aside from your commute distance, there are practically ZERO negatives about living in PTC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 04:07 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Peachtree City's location has certainly not hindered its growth. Indeed, the city is essentially "built out" and there's an eager market waiting for the recently annexed sections of the city to begin development.

People who choose to live there certainly know what they're getting into. And the absolutely truth is, you CAN live in Fayette County and commute to other parts of the Metro (including the north side) without selling your soul to the devil. For several years, I lived in PTC and commuted to downtown Atlanta (72 Marietta Street) and it was not "difficult." It was pretty darn painless, in fact. Of course, that was 10 years ago but still, the growth down there hasn't been too overwhelmimg. What ended up killing me was the mileage -- about 70 miles RT five days a week.

To the OP: Aside from your commute distance, there are practically ZERO negatives about living in PTC!

Indeed - it's a near perfect place to live for many (including me).

One other thing that I actually think is missing is a town center - but that can be found in Senoia or Newnan, both of which are quite likable and certainly worth the occasional visit.

I think the commute really depends on the time of day. Morning rush hour isn't fun anywhere in the metro area - but just like Newsboy, I don't really mind going downtown any other time, hence my initial statement that it helps if you can be flexible about your work hours.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 PM

92 posts, read 231,247 times
Smile agree somewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I would agree. PTC's location has kept it safe from many, often undesirable, developments and influences that have afflicted other areas within metro ATL.
While, I would never want to live in any suburb (synthetic minded people mostly), I have to agree with you about those other areas of ATL metro. Talk about spoiled and snobbish--I absolutely despise places like Alpharetta and Dunwoody--and many more. They make so much more money in them places and so much less 'TRUE' work to receive it. i'd like to see them go tell a South GA farmer that they work hard, lol.That and many of them either have bills paid, a good foundation from their parents, or many things given to them by parents and others, yet think they are so much better than anyone, lol, yeah right sure they are. The worst of all the suburbs, and so many are nearly alike, to me is Alpharetta.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:11 PM

4 posts, read 15,247 times
Too humid, too hot , too long, over 100 days of hot sticky sweltering unforgiving heat. there are no winters here, sell your snow shovels and snowblower or give them to your neighbors you won't be needing them. PTC is relattively new and sparkling clean and if you have to commute everyday back and forth to ATL to PTC your 8 hour day turns into 15 or worse...

Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 AM

87 posts, read 129,220 times
Thank you for all you insight... we just came back from a long extended stay in Peachtree City -

and while we didn't get to go down to Senoia

We were all over Peachtree City, Newnan, and Fayetteville

We agree with the postings here -- 54/74 seemed to be the worst part for traffic in PTC

now we love PTC, but discovered that Tyrone and Fayetteville seemed to be good alternatives to consider

It seems that there is a premium to be paid for living in PTC and that we can a lot more house for the $$$

in Tyrone or ever more so for Fayetteville -

So now we have to go back and spend more time and research on these towns

of course we have to watch for the old saying ("you get what you pay for")

so I have tons of digging to do as to the differences between these 3 towns

and what we lose or give up by not being in PTC.

any insight into Fayetteville or Tyrone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia