Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,100,025 times

Advertisements

The urban population of Augusta is larger compared to Savannah.. Columbia county at 125k and Aiken County at 160k is much larger than the 52k in Effingham county outside of Savannah..

Mcduffie, Burke, and Edgefield are comparable to Bryan County in Savannah.. Richmond, Burke, and Aiken have very large counties in terms of land area..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 10:16 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
If anything,the MSA numbers might be accurate. Not so sure about County numbers.
Well, the county numbers can't be wrong and the metro numbers right. If the county numbers are off, the metro numbers will be too of course.

I think the Augusta-Richmond and Macon-Bibb numbers are more plausible.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The urban population of Augusta is larger compared to Savannah.. Columbia county at 125k and Aiken County at 160k is much larger than the 52k in Effingham county outside of Savannah..

Mcduffie, Burke, and Edgefield are comparable to Bryan County in Savannah.. Richmond, Burke, and Aiken have very large counties in terms of land area..
Doesn't matter. Savannah's urban density is still larger than Augusta's urban density. The Savannah region has more people living in the same general land area as Augusta. Period.

Last edited by Newsboy; 08-26-2012 at 10:32 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,655 times
These population stats don't mean anything since they are all predictions based on "trends". Augusta is the only second tier city with a legit metro. The metro will pass 600,000 by 2020 I believe and Augusta's urban core is about to get a lot more urban.

Last edited by River_Dawg; 08-27-2012 at 09:14 AM..

Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,119 times
No need to have such an inferior complex...I don't think they were actually post to prove anything other than an estimate.

Could you also define "legit" metro? I've never heard of such before.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
No need to have such an inferior complex...
Inferior complex? Is Augusta inferior to Macon, Savannah or Columbus? Augusta has it's own culture and pride just like every other city. More interstate access is what the second tier cities need. Once that happens Macon, Columbus, Savannah and Augusta would out grow their out of state peers.

Quote:
I don't think they were actually post to prove anything other than an estimate.
Yeah ok. When will Columbus past Augusta in city population?

Quote:
Could you also define "legit" metro? I've never heard of such before.
It the only metro above 500,000 and climbing to 600,000. Other cities would have to add other metros to reach these numbers.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM

I find it strange people keep mentioning 'inferior complex' or 'inferiority complex', but none of the MULTIPLE threads comparing cities were created by posters from Augusta..

Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,119 times
Only you guys from Augusta seem to care if or when Columbus passes it population. I can careless if it happens or not.

Also, the reason I said inferior complex is because YOU constantly bash the other 2nd tier cities in Georgia especially Columbus and Savannah for some odd reason. For example, just look at your replies in this thread right here.

All the OP done was showed population estimates and I think you got offended because the "estimates' show Muscogee County and Chatham County with larger population estimates than Bibb and Richmond counties but all metros grew. I don't see any indication in the original post that he was trying to start another "my city is better than yours" thread but of course we should have known this was going to happen.

The Columbus and Savannah posters from the looks of it were saying that the population estimate may be off because of the economic downfall. However,two Augusta posters with the exception of one looked at the fact that Muscogee County is projected to have a larger population than Richmond County and got offended.

But it really don't matter because Savannah is GA's second city and if a poll was done today between Macon, Columbus, Augusta and Savannah I'm sure Savannah would have more than 60% of the votes...

Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Only you guys from Augusta seem to care if or when Columbus passes it population. I can careless if it happens or not.

Also, the reason I said inferior complex is because YOU constantly bash the other 2nd tier cities in Georgia especially Columbus and Savannah for some odd reason. For example, just look at your replies in this thread right here.

All the OP done was showed population estimates and I think you got offended because the "estimates' show Muscogee County and Chatham County with larger population estimates than Bibb and Richmond counties but all metros grew. I don't see any indication in the original post that he was trying to start another "my city is better than yours" thread but of course we should have known this was going to happen.

The Columbus and Savannah posters from the looks of it were saying that the population estimate may be off because of the economic downfall. However,two Augusta posters with the exception of one looked at the fact that Muscogee County is projected to have a larger population than Richmond County and got offended.

But it really don't matter because Savannah is GA's second city and if a poll was done today between Macon, Columbus, Augusta and Savannah I'm sure Savannah would have more than 60% of the votes...
Are you really serious? The people in Columbus have been mentioning it passing Augusta in city population almost daily for the last five years atleast...

The posters from Columbus have posted every single estimates showing them with a higher growth in terms of city limits, but not the 2012 Business Journal estimates due to it showing Augusta with the highest growth...

Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,652,074 times
Quote:

Excellent post! You couldn't have said it any better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia