Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Are you serious? The posters from Columbus have posted every single estimates showing them with a higher growth in terms of city limits, but not the 2012 Business Journal estimates...
Norton: please comprehend for once...In regards to this thread...where did a Columbus poster say anything about the city population being higher than Augusta's? I haven't seen it...

This was just showing estimates and you guys (Augustans) got offended!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
What exactly is the point of this thread. These numbers are based off of past numbers. Give it a few years and the numbers will be a little more accurate.
The point of the thread is to basically show population estimates...What else?

Quote:
The urban population of Augusta is larger compared to Savannah.. Columbia county at 125k and Aiken County at 160k is much larger than the 52k in Effingham county outside of Savannah..

Mcduffie, Burke, and Edgefield are comparable to Bryan County in Savannah.. Richmond, Burke, and Aiken have very large counties in terms of land area..
More irrelevant information! We know Augusta's metro is bigger than all the rest in GA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
These population stats don't mean anything since they are all predictions based on "trends". Augusta is the only second tier city with a legit metro. The metro will pass 600,000 by 2020 I believe and Augusta's urban core is about to get a lot more urban.
What a contradiction! If the population stats don't mean anything why use it to say Augusta will pass 600,000 by 2020 then say it's the only "legit" metro because it may have 600,000 people...Interesting way to twist things to work for you...LOL!

All of this came from Augusta posters!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,844,832 times
All this fussing!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Norton: please comprehend for once...In regards to this thread...where did a Columbus poster say anything about the city population being higher than Augusta's? I haven't seen it...

Are you really that naive? You don't think the poster from Columbus posted the thread because it showed Muscogee county with a population higher than Richmond... Plus nobody got offended, but I'm sure those posters know were these type of threads end up going... There's estimates showing Augusta gaining more than Columbus in terms of city population, and even THE ESTIMATES FROM THE OP show the metro will gain more people(Augusta 52k) vs Columbus(40k)..

Quote:
Only you guys from Augusta seem to care if or when Columbus passes it population. I can careless if it happens or not.
I was clearly responding to the comment above which is FALSE, and you sure do respond in the threads when posters from Columbus say it's going to happen... People living in Columbus have been discussing this for MULTIPLE years.. The only people who mention the 2nd largest city DAILY are Columbuskidd and Columbus1984.... People in Augusta could careless about it, and only bring up the 2nd largest metro... Nobody living here cares because Augusta will always have a much larger metro population...
Hmmm??? All created by Columbus posters...

When Will Columbus Overtake Augusta as Georgia's 2nd Largest City?
Largest Cities in Georgia (2012)

You(cdw1084) created this thread, and look at the comments..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Found this interesting. Looks like Columbus and Savannah lead the way with population growth. Since this data is over a year old, I would imagine Columbus has surpassed Augusta in city population. Curious to see where Columbus is now since BRAC is finally finishing up. This only provides Columbus city and not Muscogee County even though it is consolidated. Don't understand that. This is from the Atlanta Business Chronicle today.

Texas cities lead the South in population growth - The Business Journals

Last edited by nortonguy; 08-27-2012 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Only you guys from Augusta seem to care if or when Columbus passes it population. I can careless if it happens or not.

Are you really that naive? You don't think the poster from Columbus posted the thread because it showed Muscogee county with a population than Richmond...

I was clearly responding to the comment above which is FALSE... The only people who mention the 2nd largest city DAILY are Columbuskidd and Columbus1984.... People in Augusta could careless about it, and only bring up the 2nd largest metro... Nobody cares because Augusta will always have a much larger metro population... Plus nobody got offended, but I'm sure those posters they were these type of threads end up going...

Hmmm??? All created by Columbus posters...

When Will Columbus Overtake Augusta as Georgia's 2nd Largest City?
Largest Cities in Georgia (2012)

You(cdw1084) created this thread, and look at the comments..
If you look at the my post in this thread you can CLEARLY see that I said where in this thread did a Columbus poster bring up anything about their city...

When you find the answer let me know!

Until then I'll sit here and wait....

Also, what thread did I create?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:15 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,652,074 times
Quote:
If you look at the my post in this thread you can CLEARLY see that I said where in this thread did a Columbus poster bring up anything about their city...

Exactly!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 AM

934 posts, read 1,346,655 times
Quote:

The Columbus poster always claim it will soon past Augusta in population and they found some data estimating so it had to be post, plan and simple. Where have you been all this time? But for some reason the Augusta poster are the bad guys for expressing our opinion since Augusta IS the current second most populous metro in GA. My point is the population really dont matter to me because Augusta metro is a lot better, so Augusta will continue to feel like a larger city than Columbus and Macon. I'm offended that you think I would be upset by some predictions. I don't think these numbers are accurate, why are you so butt hurt about it?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Quote:

It doesn't matter if they didn't mention it this time, because it's a recurring theme... You're the only person who is naive enough to believe otherwise.. It's always end up being Savannah/Columbus versus Augusta every time on here...

All you have to do is read Newsboys comment, and about Savannah having more people in the same land area lol.. If that's not the most reach for straws comparison I've heard before..

Georgia's largest cities

Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
The Columbus poster always claim it will soon past Augusta in population and they found some data estimating so it had to be post, plan and simple. Where have you been all this time? But for some reason the Augusta poster are the bad guys for expressing our opinion since Augusta IS the current second most populous metro in GA. My point is the population really dont matter to me because Augusta metro is a lot better, so Augusta will continue to feel like a larger city than Columbus and Macon. I'm offended that you think I would be upset by some predictions. I don't think these numbers are accurate, why are you so butt hurt about it?

Again! Where in this thread as I stated in my first post did a Columbus poster post anything about the city population being higher than Augusta's? I think the estimates are off too but still no one from Columbus bought up anything. They showed the estimates and the Augusta poster's got offended...I'm not butt hurt because I didn't bring it up...I think you are that's why you want the population to be off because it would probably hurt you to see that Columbus may regain the 2nd largest city title back but if you got the larger metro why does it really matter!?

What are they teaching in schools over there in Augusta? LOL because comprehension was obviously skipped by you and norton!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they didn't mention it this time, because it's a recurring theme... You're the only person who is naive enough to believe otherwise.. It's always end up being Savannah/Columbus versus Augusta every time on here...

All you have to do is read Newsboys comment, and about Savannah having more people in the same land area lol.. If that's not the most reach for straws comparison I've heard before..

Georgia's largest cities

I didn't think you could answer....Moving on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia