Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM

229 posts, read 584,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I heard that this show was the end of civilization as we know it, so I tuned it to see what all the fuss was about. I don't understand what the problem is here. This is one of the nicest, most wholesome families on television. They seem like good, sincere people whose hearts and values are in the right place. Their priorities seem to be family, community and friends -- not fashion, diets and material goods. I know that that's terribly subservise in today's America, but I think that's America's problem, not theirs. America would be a lot better off if more moms were like mama who obviously loves and cares for her children and focuses on their needs and interests. It's a shame that she won't become a role model for young women because she looks gross.
I agree. If the family lived/looked like the Kardashians this show would be more acceptable because of their money and appearance. Which is really a shame because I see so much good in this family- even my teenagers have brought up that they don't understand what all the hate is about. I watched it expecting to dislike this family, but ended up really liking them. There is a lot of love and support there that you don't always see in families. And I like that their lives aren't centered around consumption and looks. It's refreshing. Does everyone judge according to money and beauty? Doesn't anyone ever look at the real person anymore. I have to wonder about the people making the hateful comments. Must be nice to walk around feeling that you're so much better than other people. Hmmm. I actually think that the hateful, judging people are the downfall of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM

2,845 posts, read 4,515,074 times
i'm sorry - at age 5 or 6, did anyone's kids talk like this? or behave like this? it sounds to me like she has a mouth full of marbles & the times i've seen her on tv (either her own show or others), she had been so rude/disrespectful to the adults. if i had behaved that way when i was a kid, my a$$ would've been beat.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 AM

23 posts, read 101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
i'm sorry - at age 5 or 6, did anyone's kids talk like this? or behave like this? it sounds to me like she has a mouth full of marbles & the times i've seen her on tv (either her own show or others), she had been so rude/disrespectful to the adults. if i had behaved that way when i was a kid, my a$$ would've been beat.
The kids are doing it for the money. You couldn't script this any better. I'da got beat by my parents if I talked back like her kids.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,245 times
Exclamation Don't Hate.

Honey Boo Boo is awesome because it's just good old fashioned american family who hasn't gotten caught up in the pretentious fake society that is today and they show that you don't need to have a perfect body to have a fun time and be loved. I think most people overshoot the fact that it's about a young pageant girl, but it shows that just because they are in pageants, doesn't mean that the parents are cruel and the child is emotionally unstable. I've never seen anyone more confident than Alana. Also posted by "Mishap" it says they would condone it if the cast was found in Florida, think about how the show started. They didn't just "find" some family in Georgia and decided they were funny. It all started from Toddlers & Tiaras when they loved Alana's personality and her attitude they didn't just randomly choose a family, it's because she became a superstar who happens to live in Georgia, it has nothing to do with the state.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,303,613 times
I tried to watch some of the Christmas episode last night, but after watching the teenaged daughters tease their mother about her sex life with her live-in boyfriend, listening to the mother complain because the boyfriend got her the wrong size of pajama pants and they were riding up her "a$$ crack", and watching one of the kids open her gift that had been lying underneath the tree only to find a package of raw porkchops, I had to find something else.

The first few episodes last fall were kind of entertaining, but now it seems like the producers are working harder to make the family more controversial, dysfunctional, and vulgar and it ain't workin' fer 'em. I think I'm done...

Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxShannonXx View Post
Honey Boo Boo is awesome because it's just good old fashioned american family who hasn't gotten caught up in the pretentious fake society that is today and they show that you don't need to have a perfect body to have a fun time and be loved. I think most people overshoot the fact that it's about a young pageant girl, but it shows that just because they are in pageants, doesn't mean that the parents are cruel and the child is emotionally unstable. I've never seen anyone more confident than Alana. Also posted by "Mishap" it says they would condone it if the cast was found in Florida, think about how the show started. They didn't just "find" some family in Georgia and decided they were funny. It all started from Toddlers & Tiaras when they loved Alana's personality and her attitude they didn't just randomly choose a family, it's because she became a superstar who happens to live in Georgia, it has nothing to do with the state.
Fail upon fail upon fail.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,462,950 times
No its just vulgar. You can be poor and still have class. And teach your children to talk, walk, and behave with class and pride.

It's embarrassing.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:26 PM

101 posts, read 173,177 times
I flipped over to it once during a commercial and saw the kids giving the mother a small brown strip for her neck. I thought "what the heck" when the mother tilted her head and opened up one of her cracks to disclose the brown crud in it. I about threw up my cookies. If this is entertainment I'll just stay away.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,303,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryrat View Post
I flipped over to it once during a commercial and saw the kids giving the mother a small brown strip for her neck. I thought "what the heck" when the mother tilted her head and opened up one of her cracks to disclose the brown crud in it. I about threw up my cookies. If this is entertainment I'll just stay away.
You must have missed the episode where Mama June revealed her "forklift foot" to her kids at a water park. Apparently, she used to work in some kind of factory or warehouse and her foot got run over by a forklift or something. Anyway, now it's got, like, open areas that never heal on it or something (probably secondary to undiagnosed Diabetes as well) and when she peeled off her sock, there were either ants or gnats crawling all over the wound. Talk about tossing your cookies...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia