U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2008, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 9,849 times
Default Gainesville Ga

We Moved From Palm Beach County Florida To Gainesville Ga About 2 Years Ago.we Love It Here.we Live In The Northern Part Of The County.the Only Draw Back Is The Illegal Aliens Who Have Inundated The County.i Don't Understand Why The County Commission Allows Then To Be Here When They Are Illegal.other Then The Illegal Aliens Its A Perfect Place To Live.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 02:11 PM

1,264 posts, read 2,853,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUEPIE View Post
We Moved From Palm Beach County Florida To Gainesville Ga About 2 Years Ago.we Love It Here.we Live In The Northern Part Of The County.the Only Draw Back Is The Illegal Aliens Who Have Inundated The County.i Don't Understand Why The County Commission Allows Then To Be Here When They Are Illegal.other Then The Illegal Aliens Its A Perfect Place To Live.
The county commission is not the Immigration and Customs Service. Illegal immigration is a federal issue. There is nothing that a county government can really do about it, other than contact ICE.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 PM

10 posts, read 27,242 times
Default Lived in Gainesville for 4 yrs

We have lived in Gainesville for 4 yrs and we love it. We are teachers and we love the surrounding mountains and lakes. We unfortunately have to move back to FL as our parents are aging but we have loved it here and found it to be one of our favorite places we have lived.

Our house is for sale in a highly desired community if you are in need of housing. Visit the link below to learn more about our house.

Gainesville Georgia, Gainesville Georgia Real Estate, Gainesville Georgia Homes, Hall County Georgia

Old 05-02-2008, 02:39 PM

9 posts, read 21,777 times
"Gainesville is a strange mix of million dollar lake mansions and low income Mexicans."

If you're considering the area you need to drive by a school during recess and visit the flea market in Pendergrass on a Saturday around lunch time. Unless you are going to live on the lake and put your children in private school, don't even think about it.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 PM

43 posts, read 134,510 times
Just move to Mexico. It will be about the same.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:34 AM

245 posts, read 782,539 times
Look at the North Hall county area and instead of the City of Gainesville. It would probably be a more pleasant place to live. There are alot of people that live in White County, Cleveland, Helen, etc that work in Gainesville.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 9,849 times
everything is great here in Gainesville except the illegal aliens who should not be here.they drive,use our parks,pools,anything the honest taxpayer pays for they will use.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,678 times
Default Gainesville intolerant of difference??

Hello:
I'm considering relocating to this area. However, after reading all the posts about Mexicans in the area, I was wondering if people in Gainesville are intolerant of all non-white people or just immigrants. Are you intolerant of other americans who are not white...like black people for instance? Would I be welcomed there or shunned simply because God made me with more melanin and pigmentation in my skin??...Just wondering...

Old 05-18-2008, 04:56 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,736,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvly View Post
Hello:
I'm considering relocating to this area. However, after reading all the posts about Mexicans in the area, I was wondering if people in Gainesville are intolerant of all non-white people or just immigrants. Are you intolerant of other americans who are not white...like black people for instance? Would I be welcomed there or shunned simply because God made me with more melanin and pigmentation in my skin??...Just wondering...

I'm afraid that Gainsville is just too Appalachian!! The visitors (hikers, etc.) are great, but there are too many folks residing there who's great-great-great-great something or another fought in the Civil War. And unfortunately have past that bitterness and anger on down the line.

I'd like to challenge any of those folks who profess the Son's name to do the Will of their Father in Heaven. Not to hold to the traditions of men (their earthly fathers). Ever heard of, "Love Thy Neighbor?" Yes, that does apply to the dark ones, too!!!!!!!

As far as "The Mexicans" and the fuss about that? Must be some California transplants somewhere in the mix! Sorry, just had to add some comic relief

Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 AM

12,450 posts, read 17,916,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvly View Post
Hello:
The issue posters are having with the 'Mexicans' (we can't assume that everyone here illegally is Mexican; many are from Central America and beyond) seems to be over their 1) legal status, and their 2) availing themselves of services that they are not entitled to...not racial intolerance.
So to answer your question, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia