Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2007, 05:26 PM

24 posts, read 98,383 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are considering moving to Dahlonega. We are country folk at heart and our home on a small acreage in Florida has been swallowed up in the never ending urban sprawl. We want a quiet life! I am a teacher working on my Masters and my husband is an electrician with lots of experience in commercial and industrial work. I am fairly confident I can get a job but what about my husband? Any info... negative or positive would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 09:54 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Depends on how far he's willing to drive to jobs.

Dahlonega is nice. It is though, SMALL. Mostly touristy and the center of town is ALL tourist stuff. Still nice to visit though, and the north Georgia mountains are nice. Be aware though that in springtime they do get some pretty hefty storms.

You are around 70 or so miles north of Atlanta and some heavy suburbs are a little closer than that on the northside of the city, as well as growing suburbs east and west of Dahlonega. So there is plenty of electrical work to be done, so long as he's not expecting to only have to drive 5 miles in any direction to get to it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: