Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2007, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,492 times

Advertisements

We are looking for investment property on Lake Chatuge. We will be moving there in 2 to 3 years and want to buy our property now. Does any one know what kind of dockable lots are available in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 02:01 PM

24 posts, read 147,854 times
I live in Orlando and bought a vacation home in Hiawassee over two years ago, if you need a great real estate agent pm me for more info.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:52 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,263 times
You obviously have not seen Lake Chatuge in awhile. It almost doesn't exist. Many, many water front homes have their docks way up on dry land. There is grass growing on the lake bed like you would see in a cattle pasture. The lake level is always dropped during fall to spring months, but there is simply no rain here and therefore the lakes are gone. Only a few places still have some water but many, many do not. I lived up there for a couple of years and was up there just a couple of weeks back. Very depressing.

Yes, it will come back one of these years and you might get a great deal on a panic sale, but right now, dismal is the word.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:56 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,571,263 times
I gather you are talking about moving there permanently? As I said, we lived in Towns County for a little over 2 years in early 2000. Went to Young Harris College in the 60s. Right now, it seems development is out of control which is very sad given the beauty of the area. The single biggest drawback is medical coverage. If you like low taxes and high quality of life, that is a great place.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,373 times
Default Lake Chatuge

Just got back looking at Lake Lots on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee.
Was shocked at the prices. Decent lots start at over $500,00 and go up real
fast.
Agents said that sales were real slow, but so far no one is taking any low offers. The lake looks great, I wish I had that kind of money. One local said
a major developer is looking to make a large purchase on the lake and that might be keeping the prices up.

Any one know of any more resonable waterfront in North Georgia, NC or Tenn.? Always dreamed of living on a lake. Still looking.
Thanks

Old 04-06-2008, 08:01 PM

3 posts, read 11,328 times
Lake Chatuge is coming up fast. We are about 2 1/2 feet about the TVA projected level for this time of year. Was on the lake today.
Being a realtor in the area the 500K for a lot is about right. There is other ways to get places with access/dock on the lake for a lot less.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,099 times
Default Reply on Lake Front - Chatuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by giusto View Post
We are looking for investment property on Lake Chatuge. We will be moving there in 2 to 3 years and want to buy our property now. Does any one know what kind of dockable lots are available in that area?

I found a 2000 square foot 3BR, 3BA, Granite Countertops, Hardwood Floors, SS Appliances, W&D, with Boat Dock for $325,000. - It is an incredibly done condo complex called Sunset Bay. I live here and work here and love it. Supply and Demand here is great due to the fact that 70% of the lake is owned by RMFS or TVA. (It can only grow so much)

Also, there are some visionary politicians here that have put some great things in place. (i.e. a free fitness center and other things that are driving people here)

I look for Animal Hospitals, Hospitals, Golf, Water and low taxes. Towns County has it all. (From sushi to Steak Houses too.)

Please feel free to contact me. I believe this is a sound investment opportunity as well.

Thanks,
I love Towns County

Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,865 times
Default Water access lots on Lake Chatuge

I work directly for a very motivated quality developer. We have access lots that come with deeded boat slips with great water or mountain views. We will be having an event sale featuring 6 of these lots at the end of this month, although we can presell if you want to get first choice. You can contact me at 918-853-7530 or email at imalandgal@yahoo.com for more information. We have 4 communities and have been in the area for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: