Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 03:31 PM

808 posts, read 1,009,732 times

Advertisements

What type of retail/dining options have you been waiting patiently to come, but hasn't came? Hopefully you would like 2014 to be the year that it comes true? I know i have plenty i could name! Whats lacking in your city/town that you would like? (comments from anywhere in Georgia)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 05:39 PM

136 posts, read 476,516 times
Chipotles in Cartersville!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 PM
PJA

2,460 posts, read 3,155,792 times
I want Cheesecake Factory to come to Augusta. I also hope the water park gets approved for Splost. If built its supposed to be similar to Splash in the Boro which does very good business and actually makes the city of Statesboro money. We could definitely use something like that here.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:42 PM

808 posts, read 1,009,732 times
@PJA: I was wondering what was the latest on that water park proposal for Augusta ? Didnt Aiken just get a water park not so long ago?

Old 02-21-2014, 07:22 AM

11,367 posts, read 24,329,295 times
Okay, I want to see more solar collectors, more freight and passenger service by rail, fewer cars and trucks on the road, more dedicated bike routes, fewer homeless camps, more investment in existing infrastructure, less urban sprawl and even more support for local small businesses. I'll be happy to see that happen in any city or rural area in Georgia.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:33 AM

191 posts, read 321,708 times
Atlanta

- Marc by Marc Jacobs (Savannah is only place between Miami and NY... but I think MbMJ is coming to the Oliver-McMillan Buckhead-Atlanta development, but not sure)

- Small grocer under Viewpoint (trader joes would be ideal but probably too close to the one in Promenade)

- Best Buy in Atlantic Station would be more convenient than driving to Edgewood or Buckhead

- Middle-income rentals in midtown (not everyone is RICH like that, especially not younger single-income millennials)

- Lower-priced dining options in Midtown... Little Azio needs to come back - I loved that place, maybe a Noche's, Pita Pit, im drawing a blank here...

Savannah

- A|X Armani Exhange on Broughton Street near Marc & Urban Outfitters

- Nordstrom Rack in the Savannah Mall (might help revive it and would compliment Target well, also would help defend from the Tanger shops)

- Old Spaghetti Factory!!!

Albany

- An actual corporate Starbucks (there are two "non-profit" Phoebe-owned licensed Starbucks that dont offer the food items, the sparkling machine or have the smartphone starbucks app readers & and there's an espresso-only drink menu in the Hilton). I just want to be able to sparkle my Cool Lime and use my app to get my stars... is that too much to ask???

- KROGER!! (Albany only has overpriced Publix and crappy low-class grocers to choose from .... Walmart/Harveys/Winn Dixie, but no middle-income grocers)

- Best Buy... much smaller towns have Best Buys... there is no where to buy a computer here - wtf

- Sunday alcohol sales in the grocery stores (what century is this??)

- LA Fitness... Albany has the worst/most crappiest gyms (come south already LAF!!)

- Downtown retail!!! - Albany has a beautiful/large downtown that is pretty much vacant... lots of potential for an artsy/creative class area and tons of loft potential

- Upscale rentals... albany doesnt have a middle class, so its either gross crappy rentals or single-family housing in the burby areas... Albany needs medium-high quality rentals

Statesboro

- A big-box lifestyle center ideally with Best Buy/Target/Kroger/LA Fitness/Old Navy with 50 filler stores and 20 out-parcels for restaurants... I think this is a realistic expectation for the next big development but might be a few years before something like this comes along

- Trader Joe's would be awesome, would need to be somewhere like South Main near Downtown/GSU. Maybe College Plaza? Or one of the crappy parcels near the old bowling alley?

- Restaurants: Red Lobster, PF Changs, Chipotle, Jason's Deli, Which Wich, Caribou Coffee, Tin Drum, Little Azio, Bahama Breeze.. (I really :'( miss Colorado TexMex)

- A Honda dealership

- Need some midrise residential buildings in Downtown... perhaps GSU can build some grad-student housing in downtown or relocate the public admin and some grad programs into downtown would be great... The city can partner with GSU to bring a bus route into Downtown also

- PACKAGE LIQUOR SALES!! come on people!! hold the referendum during homecoming weekend lol not during spring break!!

- Higher-end hotel brand... lots of rich GSU parents from East Cobb and no where to stay but a Springhill - oh the humanity!! Maybe a Hilton Garden Inn or Hyatt House for the visiting/adjunct professors

Last edited by Drewplanner; 02-23-2014 at 12:44 AM..

Old 02-23-2014, 04:02 PM

10,333 posts, read 11,328,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albania67 View Post
What type of retail/dining options have you been waiting patiently to come, but hasn't came? Hopefully you would like 2014 to be the year that it comes true? I know i have plenty i could name! Whats lacking in your city/town that you would like? (comments from anywhere in Georgia)
I would kind of like to see White Castle open up some restaurants in Georgia.

I know that their burgers (sliders) are pretty similar to Krystal at this point, but White Castle still has many appetizers and sides that Krystal does not necessarily have at this point.

Both Tennessee and Kentucky have both White Castle and Krystal restaurants, often on the very-same stretch of road, both Georgia only has Krystal.

...Without White Castle, it often feels like a major (and sometimes iconic) fast food option is missing in Georgia.

Though, I guess that Krystal by itself is adequate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia