U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,263 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to McDonough Ga in Jan. from Chicago. I am 4 months pregnant and need to find a GREAT OB doctor. Does anyone have any wonderful reccomendations?? We will be traveling there on Wed. to make some school selections for my 2 boys (pre K and K). I am talking to Peoples Baptist, The Sharron School, Strong Rock and then New Hope Elementary. If anyone has any feedback on those, it would be greatly appreciated! Or any better suggestions. I appreciate your time and help.Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 AM

6 posts, read 28,800 times
Default Drive to ATL for your OB/GYN!!

Eagles Landing Christian Academy is another private school in McDonough worth checking out (Eagle's Landing Christian Academy or 770-957-2927). It's a college prepatory school and my kids have been there 4 years. I've also heard wonderful things about Strong Rock (just opened this year, 2007) & The Sharon School as well. Seriously consider driving to Atlanta for your OB/GYN needs. The local hospital, Henry Medical Center, doesn't have the best reputation, sadly. Atlanta OG/GYN at Piedmont Hospital is a great women's group - they have midwives (I see Judith Cox) as well as MD's. Their phone number is 404-355-0320. Piedmont Hospital is about a 40 mi drive north of McDonough. Northside Hospital is another excellent hospital (probably 50 miles north of McDonough) and is renown for deliverying the most babies in the Metro-Atlanta area. Good luck! Feel free to email me if you have any other questions about schools or doctors

Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,732 times
Default The Sharon School

We went to The Sharon School and the activities were great but the communication with the school and teachers- well, let's just say there wasn't any communication. It was their way or the highway, even over moral issues. We withdrew our kid and that was the best thing we could have ever done. We homeschooled and now the child is in public school- earning straight A's and the teachers are awesome. Everyone communicates and look after all the children. I would say forget the private schools- but that is just my thought. Welcome to Georgia by the way!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia