Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 06:06 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandisec1 View Post
Hi, I'm a 26 yr old AA woman, moving to Georgia from Chicago with my wife & our two children. We are looking to live in a Diverse community so we won't feel uncomfortable. Our price range is from $1250-$1550 per month. We are looking for an area with good schools, as well as good job opportunities.

Thx in advance,
Lol@ the thread title. 10/10 would read troll thread again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 08:43 PM

78 posts, read 131,719 times
Lol thread..

You will be really hated anywhere in the metro area and you and your family will be discriminated everywhere you go..The mayor of Atlanta lives that way too fearing for his life and his family's safety every single day..

Old 01-14-2015, 03:06 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
If the OP is serious it's just sad. I have lived in rural ga being biracial and gay and have not had one problem. But then again I am not super sensitive as I live by the motto :live and let live" and I have found that most people around the state follow that motto as well. I think this OP was just trolling or at least I HOPE they were.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:32 PM

4 posts, read 7,606 times
I'm sorry to go off the original topic here...but I can't figure out how to start a post so I thought I 1. Could ask how 2. Ask a similarish question. We are lookingbto move to Byron in the Crawford county school district and are curious about not only the area but even more so the schools. We currently live in southern WI. We just want to move to warmer land that isn't to far from an airport hub for my husbands job. We have 4 children age 9 and under. Any opinions on the area would be greatly appreciated. And I will start an actual thread if someone can share the how to's. I guess I'm pathetically clueless here.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:35 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandisec1 View Post
Hi, I'm a 26 yr old AA woman, moving to Georgia from Chicago with my wife & our two children. We are looking to live in a Diverse community so we won't feel uncomfortable. Our price range is from $1250-$1550 per month. We are looking for an area with good schools, as well as good job opportunities.

Thx in advance,

This is such an insulting and ignorant post.Georgia is not the Georgia of 1930.
In the 1960 , Martin Luther King and some of his Civil Rights activist experienced some of the most violent racial attached ks they had ever faced in Chicago.He was hit in the head by bricks while the police watched a mob of whites taunt them.

Now how would I sound if I asked that same question if I were to move to Chicago?Come on now.Lets use some common sense.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:43 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fglgrl View Post
I'm sorry to go off the original topic here...but I can't figure out how to start a post so I thought I 1. Could ask how 2. Ask a similarish question. We are lookingbto move to Byron in the Crawford county school district and are curious about not only the area but even more so the schools. We currently live in southern WI. We just want to move to warmer land that isn't to far from an airport hub for my husbands job. We have 4 children age 9 and under. Any opinions on the area would be greatly appreciated. And I will start an actual thread if someone can share the how to's. I guess I'm pathetically clueless here.
Byron is small with no real downtown area and it's just suburbia with lots of new constructed houses.
Don't know much about the schools but in neighboring Warner Robins they are pretty decent .
Warner Robins is bigger but still a safe ice place to live.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:00 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,845,262 times
Doesn't surprise me. A lot people from other parts of states feel like this about the south.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:38 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fglgrl View Post
Byron is in Peach County. They have 1 or 2 elementary schools which are fine and a middle school, but Peach County High School is located in Fort Valley which is about 10 miles away. Byron is closer to Warner Robins, and actually Byron's city proper extends slightly into Houston County. Warner Robins is where most of your shopping options will be, and I dont know if this is important to you but neither Byron or Warner Robins have real downtowns. I kinda look at Byron as a suburb of a much larger suburb (Warner Robins). WR may not technically fit every single requirement as being a "suburb" of Macon since most work at the base, but just the makeup of the city is very suburban, you'd have to drive to Macon for any kind of real downtown or anything cultural, though WR has grown so much they have almost everything else besides that.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:34 PM

4 posts, read 7,606 times
From what I understand most of Byron is in peach county...but the house we are looking at is in the Crawford county school area. It looks like they have one elem. One middle, and one high school. I did figure out how to post a new thread and here its a day cent area but the schools are not so great. We are mostly worried about school living far from shopping is fine. So if you know anything about the schools I'm speakongbof or know someone who does what are your opinions. I have researched tons but I'm looking for word of mouth type opinions. Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help. Also feel free to answer on my official post. No clue how to link it or copy though. Sorry!

Old 01-19-2015, 07:57 PM

74 posts, read 148,367 times
Lol. It's 2015. Ga is less racist than a lot of northern states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia