U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 03:10 PM

18 posts, read 136,511 times

Advertisements

I am planning to relocate to Lawrenceville in the near future and wanted to know if anyone is aware of racism in this city? I am an African American and I am looking to move to a part of Lawrenceville that has a very good school system. I noticed that some of the areas in this city that have A-rated schools have a majority population of Whites. Do I need to be concerned about racism in any particular part of Lawrenceville? My apologies if I have offended anyone.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:15 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,360,291 times
No you do not.
Gwinnett County is very diverse, you will find a mix of kids from all different ethnic groups.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:33 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,036,293 times
Being African American myself, I won't declare that you don't need to worry. I mean, racism can occur anywhere and everywhere. Gwinett included.

That said, it's true that there's more diversity in Gwinett County than, say, Forsyth County. So your chances of any racial problems occuring in Lawrenceville are likely less than your chances of incurring any problems in Cumming.

But you do need to worry about traffic!

Old 11-09-2006, 01:16 PM

18 posts, read 136,511 times
Thank you very much for the helpful information.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 AM

985 posts, read 5,289,133 times
Lawrenceville area has four high schools to pick from 1) Central Gwinnett, 2) Berkmar 3) Peachtree Ridge and 4) Grayson.

Avoid Central Gwinnett or BerkMar high school areas. Those schools are poor performance.

Peachtree ridge part of Lawrenceille is nicest part of Lawrenceville due to closeness to sugarloaf country club. I would recommend this area. That area is also very racial diversity.

Grayson is newly development area. So it is difficult to tell which way it will goes.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 45,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami74 View Post
I am planning to relocate to Lawrenceville in the near future and wanted to know if anyone is aware of racism in this city? I am an African American and I am looking to move to a part of Lawrenceville that has a very good school system. I noticed that some of the areas in this city that have A-rated schools have a majority population of Whites. Do I need to be concerned about racism in any particular part of Lawrenceville? My apologies if I have offended anyone.

Why apologize? I am white, live in Georgia and yes, racism still exists in the south just as it does almost everywhere. It is a sad mindset that most probably will always exist in one form or another. I have found that the more ignorant the person, the stronger the bigotry and racism.

Unfortunately, the book that christians call the word of god supports slavery, even the NT where the christ character tells the slave to obey his master. Paul teaches the same garbage, so whether people will admit it or not, they fall back on such teachings to justify their judmentalism. The south is worse because that is where you find the most fanatical fundamentalists. The KKK used such scriptures to justify the heinous acts they commited and called themselves christians.

Columbus was a well known slave trader long before the 'discovery' of the Americas. In his diary he wrote how the women resisted sexual advances until he beat them with a good length of rope! His diaries can be obtained from the Library of Congress. This is a monster we celebrate each year because we have been lied to about history. The history of this nation is quite ugly and BTW, how does one discover a land when millions of people already lived here for eons. Of course, they were considered heathens and the 'christians' made short work of almost total genocide of those poor people. You can obtain letters of military men who were against the wholesale slaughter of these people.

As long as people refuse to learn the truth, seek the truth and benefit from knowing the truth, we will continue in the footsteps of those before us.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:56 PM

One more thing. Warren Harding was a black man and that fact came out after he was elected as president of this nation. He died a mysterious death, of course. That just shows how far a nation will take it's biased views. Here is a link with information on this subject. You can also obtain more from the Freedom of Information Act.

White men came here as early as the 1500's but their white women did not arrive until the land was more settle and house of some kind were built. Those men co-habitated with native women, mostly by force, and many mixed children were born. We may all have every blood in our veins. Also, google the Five Black Presidents if you want some more truth.

Warren G. Harding

Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,011,988 times
old...

Old 10-05-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
old...

Is this for me? If so, I am new and have not had a chance to review everything here. Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I can feel the warmth.

It is always hard to be the new kid especially when the 'senior' members are such smart asses.

I was trying to help.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:44 PM

7,846 posts, read 14,850,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okThen View Post
Is this for me? If so, I am new and have not had a chance to review everything here. Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I can feel the warmth.

It is always hard to be the new kid especially when the 'senior' members are such smart asses.

I was trying to help.
Welcome to the forum. I think the comment was in response to the fact that you did post a very strange little diddy about Columbus and Warren G. Harding that had absolutely nothing to do with the question in the original post, plus you made some unsupported assertions that I have never heard before that Harding was black.

Sorry, but I thought it odd too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia