U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:45 PM

283 posts, read 1,086,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by figueroa26 View Post
I am so scared! I bought a home in Douglas GA and should be moving in July. Initially i heard good things but GA but now i am not so sure, but what do i do now that i put a downpayment on a house? I have the house buiding and i should be doing the closing in March. Sometimes i hear it is a bad place to live and then i hear it is nice --- which is it really?

I guess i wont know till i move...but i cannot afford to make a mistake ..there is too much to give up for it.
I lived in for 9 years and made many very good friends there that I still keep in touch with and still keep in touch with me. I don't know where you are buying your house at in Douglas but the best areas are close to hospital and beside on Douglas golf and country club on the north end of town. This is a very close nit community that can seem brash at times. Not to worry though they are very helpful and community minded people. If you would like to start out with meeting some of the best people in town I would recommend stopping by the local UPS store that owned by a county commissoner and close friend of mine. He and his wife will gladly point you in the right direction of how to get the best out of your stay in Douglas. Oddly enough most people who stay there more than a year end up wanting to make it their permenant home and most people like me that were there at a young age always make sure they visit when close by and look back to the area for a place to retire. If you can you might want to look into properties north of Douglas just off Hwy 441 near Broxton at Lott's Crossing(no sign). I can't remember the builder's name but he did an excellent job on the contruction of the homes and they have constantly increased in value since thier inception. One of the most popular subdivsions is out Hwy158 and is a great starter neighborhood but I would not recommend maintaining it as a permenant home. The schools a fairly new but I would recommend CCA a private school for high school students. Many industries are located in this town and it has grown in leaps and bounds over the last 20 years. They have an excellent and very progressive advertisement program to obtain and keep many new industries. I would also recommend finding a chruch there in order to meet as many people as possible in a short period of time. Property outside of the city is going to be your best bet to retain and/or gain value plus much of it is reasonably priced. Good luck and best of wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 AM

563 posts, read 2,544,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by figueroa26 View Post
I am so scared! I bought a home in Douglas GA and should be moving in July. Initially i heard good things but GA but now i am not so sure, but what do i do now that i put a downpayment on a house? I have the house buiding and i should be doing the closing in March. Sometimes i hear it is a bad place to live and then i hear it is nice --- which is it really?

I guess i wont know till i move...but i cannot afford to make a mistake ..there is too much to give up for it.
Douglas County, or Douglas, GA???

Not familiar on Douglas, GA but if you are talking Douglas County--it's not a bad area. Has it's great and not so great parts (I live in a pretty decent part), but that's anywhere. I agree with the previous suggestions.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:33 AM

612 posts, read 2,540,820 times
You can find some very well priced HUD homes in the Atlanta area. If I remember, you don't want to spend more than $80,000, correct? I buy and rehab homes up here since moving from Florida and I find plenty of 3/2 and 4/2 in the $80 range.

This may be a great area for you to look at, not too too far from WPB.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 PM

24 posts, read 49,525 times
Simple, move to Tennessee.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 PM

28 posts, read 185,549 times
We found a beautiful home in Canton for only $420,000 - this is $20,000 less than the last buyer paid for it a couple years ago. Check around the northern part of Atlanta area.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 PM

28 posts, read 185,549 times
We found a 6/5 in Bridgemills Subdivision / Canton for $420,000! Great price! Moving from Ohio

Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,037 times
Ever heard of ballground so safe the cops go off duty at 9p.m. and you can sleep with your doors unlocked homes from 10k up to a million. Jasper same way waleska same way clayton doesn't even have a cop/ Just search.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 773 times
I am from Cincinnati ohio and really love ga. I am currently looking for an house. Any idea? I found a nice apartment in Clarkson but its time for a home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or