Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 04:06 PM

913 posts, read 2,984,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
How will augusta and savannah pass augusta by 2015. We all know ft. benning in columbus are adding military residents. But last time i check military jobs are not high paying at all. So im just wondering where you get 2015 from.
The population of Columbus will be much higher than these other cities. As far as I know, Columbus might have already surpassed Augusta in population. There is only a 5,000 more in Augusta.

So you say military officers aren't highly paid? What does that have to do with population?

With more people come more jobs, visitors, etc. It is a ripple effect in the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 04:12 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,033,150 times
1.5 million people do not come to Augusta for the Masters.. do the math!
There are a very limited number of tickets (that's why they are so highly sought after)
The course can probably only handle about 60,000 or so spectators on any given day of the tournament(and that's being very generous.. it's probably less).. and badges are for all 4 days of the tournament so you you have roughly the same 60,000 or so each day.. then you have the practice rounds which probably bring about the same number..
But the people coming to Augusta for the Masters have tickets to the tournament.. and I can guarantee you that Augusta National does not give out 1.5 million badges to the tournament.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 PM

726 posts, read 2,817,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
As for this back and forth about Augusta and Macon.. I just don't see that much difference in the two... the two cities are very similar demographically, economically, etc.. Both have very high racial tension and incompitent local governments.. I guess the only big difference is that Augsuta has a very famous golf course.
finally someone who is thinking realistically......this is what i was saying from the start there really no more going on in any of the 2nd tier cities than one another....

Old 02-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactown_georgia_boy View Post
Like I said all of the cities have developments going and more planned, as for Macon crimes are down from the late 90s and you can simply look around and see lots of construction underway. What's bad about that? All of these 2nd Tier cities have their fair share of homeless, crackheads, and rough parts of town, but also there are enough nice areas within each of the cities where you can find safe places to live.
So most of this is just running the same circles over and over again.

Guys like Peelo over exaggerate.

I've been in Macon most of my life, East Macon, and in my particular neighborhood I have not grown up around filth,crime,shootings,etc.

Its obvious some of you really haven't been anywhere.
I have lived in Huntsville, Alabama and I didn't feel any safer there than I did in Macon, though Macon has higher crime and unemployment stats. How could this be possible? Because it comes down to the same basics. You have your nicer areas and your rougher areas, if you aren't spending the majority of your time actually IN a slummy area then you'll be less likely to be around any of this criminal activity. Common sense.

To act like Macon is a 100% dump with no nice areas and is unlivable just is not true.
I mean of course you'll see rough inner city life riding through different parts of town, but I doubt anybody is STRIVING to move to those areas. You'll see these things riding through most urban cities (all of the GA 2nd Tier Cities, and even a tad bit of Warner Robins)

Peelo is going over the top.

Again, when simply judging by urbanity and things to get into,

I'll say you have to put Augusta and Savannah a little (but clearly) ahead of Macon and Columbus, and Macon ahead of Columbus (not that its a horrible place that nobody can live in but just too slow paced for me). All in All you can find nice in all of the cities.

All of this other crap is exaggerated bull honestly.
thank you well said......

Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
How about you do the research to prove it. I am not wasting my time doing that. There is not 7 million sq. ft. of retail going up right now in Macon, Georgia.....period.
well stay a idiot, but don't comment that you don't what crap you talking about...... whether you consider it a period of statement, i know what going in Macon so reguardless what you say it still being built as you read this messages..... so if you refused to read the fact than you need to shut up.... with your comments...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelo View Post
Hey Yerocal,Mactown and Mayor....The lady who died from 70 SHOTS BEING FIRED INTO HER HOME IN BROAD DAYLIGHT THIS MORNING, was that in one of those "good" neighborhoods you all keep talking about??LOL
Question were all those previous shootings that happen across the nation in the those other so called perfect cities you talk about.....unlike Macon, were they done in perfect neighborhoods you speak of?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM

177 posts, read 221,372 times
ROTFLMBO>.....Did I name a perfect city? So, you are a moron and delusional or either a liar, because I have never said ANY city was perfect.
You wrote:
"but don't comment that you don't what crap you talking about...... whether you consider it a period of statement, i know what going in Macon so reguardless what you say it still being built as you read this messages..... so if you refused to read the fact than you need to shut up.... with your comments..."
And you are calling someone else an idiot???ROTFLMBO!!!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:48 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,096,386 times
Peelo you can have your opinion, but tell me how anything you say disproves what I've said? I never said Macon was crime free or an utopian society. All I said is that there are parts of Macon as well as any other 2nd Tier City that has nice livable neighborhoods.

Your mentioning of a shooting doesn't disprove that. If thats the case all of the cities are dumps.

Also, the fact that you're laughing about a fatal shooting says enough.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM

913 posts, read 2,984,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
well stay a idiot, but don't comment that you don't what crap you talking about...... whether you consider it a period of statement, i know what going in Macon so reguardless what you say it still being built as you read this messages..... so if you refused to read the fact than you need to shut up.... with your comments...
Who is the idiot here? Your grammar is difficult to comprehend. You haven't given any facts that support that 7 million sq. ft. of retail is being constructed in Macon. Give me resources that this is true and then I will believe you, but until then I am calling total BS on that amount of retail.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM

177 posts, read 221,372 times
And what I said was that Macon`s "nice liveable neighborhoods" are just seconds away from a bad neighborhood. And it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that my mentioning the shooting wasnt an attempt to prove anything...other than Macon is a crime ridden hell hole....and moron, I wasnt laughing at the killing...I was laughing because you guys were just saying what a wonderful town Macon was and this poor lady gets herself and her house riddled with 70 damn bullets.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia