U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM

384 posts, read 73,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
1.5 million ppl come to Augusta during Masters' week??.. that is the most absurdly innacurate thing I have ever heard on these forums.. Maybe in the entire history of the Masters.. but not one week of the masters..
If that many people deluged in Augusta for that week.. ppl would have to be sleeping on the sidewalks.. there are not enough hotel rooms or homes for that matter to accomodate that number of ppl. The real figure is probably closer to 80,000 to 100,000
.. if even that.
I would say Athens gets more visitors on a Bulldog game day..then Augusta gets for The Masters..
and the bonus for Athens is that they have several home games.
Only 80,000 to 100,000 is absurb come on. And that's probably why so many hotels and especially upscale with the hilton named are being built in richmond county alone

Last edited by johndoeboy; 02-05-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 04:09 PM

913 posts, read 2,045,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Dude research please before you post bashing comment and stop making your self look like a fool....with thses comments...
How about you do the research to prove it. I am not wasting my time doing that. There is not 7 million sq. ft. of retail going up right now in Macon, Georgia.....period.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Exactly the master's brings over 1.5 million people for 1 week. People start to arrive in augusta the wkend before the monday when the masters practice rounds start. The final wkend that saturday and sunday is when all the action starts for the masters. Macon, and columbus don't even get 2 million visitors all year.
So where do 1.5 million people stay in Augusta, Georgia? That would fill hotel rooms for hundreds of miles.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:14 PM

My opinion of how the cities are ranked:

1) Augusta
2) Columbus and Savannah
3) Macon

By 2015:

1) Columbus
2) Savannah
3) Augusta
4) Macon

Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
So where do 1.5 million people stay in Augusta, Georgia? That would fill hotel rooms for hundreds of miles.

Exactly that's why the hotels are sold out for master's week the year or two years in advance.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
My opinion of how the cities are ranked:

1) Augusta
2) Columbus and Savannah
3) Macon

By 2015:

1) Columbus
2) Savannah
3) Augusta
4) Macon
How will augusta and savannah pass augusta by 2015. We all know ft. benning in columbus are adding military residents. But last time i check military jobs are not high paying at all. So im just wondering where you get 2015 from.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 PM

This is so much construction going on or planned for augusta this year. Im sure columbus, savannah, and macon are experiencing alot of growth also. But im telling you when you visit augusta this year. You will see for yourself

Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM

177 posts, read 25,650 times
Yerocal, you dont even post a valid arguement.....LOL....People PASSING BY on I-75 constitutes a visit to the fair city of Macon huh (that is sarcasm, just in case you miss it) and no, I dont do anything in Macon...I personally hate the town. I travel on up the road to Locust Grove or on into Atlanta to shop. And you mention Providence...LOL...Ride through the area once in awhile ok...LOL...those folks are leaving there in DROVES!!!!!! Once again, since you are obviously a "short bus" rider....DEVELOPEMENT DOESNT EQUAL POPULATION GROWTH!!!!!!!

And MacTown...I havent gone over the top...Macon is a dump..period. Is there bad areas of WR? Sure..but they are secluded and away from higher end neighborhoods, unlike Macon. I have said it before and I`ll say it again...IN MY OPINION (which cant be argued..LOL) Macon is a Crackhead and homeless Mecca and a dump of a city....That cant be argued, because its my opinion.

Columbus and the surrounding areas arent quite ready for the growth that is coming....because trust me...IT IS COMING...but, they are close enough to being ready for it that when it does hit, they can wing it until they are ready.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Exactly that's why the hotels are sold out for master's week the year or two years in advance.
I know that, but that still doesn't mean 1.5 million visit in a 4 day period.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:01 PM

177 posts, read 25,650 times
Hey Yerocal,Mactown and Mayor....The lady who died from 70 SHOTS BEING FIRED INTO HER HOME IN BROAD DAYLIGHT THIS MORNING, was that in one of those "good" neighborhoods you all keep talking about??LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia