Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 09:10 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I've yet to go apoplectic, as you say, nor do l see any point in this discourse. I can, however, suggest some inexpensive mental health resources in the vicinity. PM me.
LOL! Did you seriously just play the mental health card????? Yeah, you can't be taken seriously whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 09:11 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Well, I'm generally a democrat. Moderate one for sure. But were I a republican, I certainly would support a candidate other than Trump. In the beginning, his straightforward style was refreshing, and I kind of liked how he said what he said. However, as the campaign season has progressed, I am tiring of his offensive rhetoric. He may be a brilliant business man, but I just don't consider him very "presidential." That office should mean more than lambasting everyone who might get in your way. Megyn Kelly did not deserve his odious insinuations.
Apparently you have some people who actually believe that our current president conducts himself in a similar manner or even worse. These folks are beyond all reason.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:18 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
LOL! Did you seriously just play the mental health card????? Yeah, you can't be taken seriously whatsoever.
It wasn't me that threw down the gauntlet.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:02 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
Where is your evidence on this one? I have a feeling the sun doesn't shine there. And I can assure you that plenty of fledgling Democrats avail themselves of Georgia's school system as well.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...o-hand-in-hand

There's several more articles out there as well but of course you will conclude that these studies are invalid because your affiliation with the Republican party and self-denial. However, it's easier to fool an uneducated person into believing that you are "for them" but in reality you're not as evidenced by the last Republican president we had in office.

Polls are showing that a number of American are unhappy with their economic situation but everything has improved under Big O, maybe not as fast as most wanted it to but I rather have slight improvement rather than no improvement. Furthermore, most of those who are mad about their economic situation are mad at the wrong president but everyone wants to forget the damage Bush created and attempt to blame it on Obama....well, the easily fooled individuals which can't be too smart. Most of Georgia is a prime example.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:56 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Republican voters usually have lower IQ's than their democratic rivals. Georgia has a poor education system so it all goes hand in hand.
As I mentioned, I'm a moderate Democrat, but have many Republican friends who are very intelligent. So, I don't really believe that this a fair statement. And intelligence doesn't really have anything to do with IQ. It is perfectly fine that some folks disagree when it comes to politics - that is the American way. Thank God.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:25 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,681 times
Quote:
Well, I'm generally a democrat. Moderate one for sure. But were I a republican, I certainly would support a candidate other than Trump. In the beginning, his straightforward style was refreshing, and I kind of liked how he said what he said. However, as the campaign season has progressed, I am tiring of his offensive rhetoric. He may be a brilliant business man, but I just don't consider him very "presidential." That office should mean more than lambasting everyone who might get in your way. Megyn Kelly did not deserve his odious insinuations.
I agree all the way Ansley. I am moderate at a national level. At first I liked him being involved in the whole political football game, because as he says, at least he's not beholden to anyone for money. But I recall an analyst saying he would have made twice as much money if he just invested in index funds the few million seed money his dad gave him, and went off for 40 years cleaning toilets! And what money he has, he owes thanks to going bankrupt repeatedly, leaving creditors and/or taxpayers on the hook for business mistakes and gambles. Brilliant businessman.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...o-hand-in-hand

There's several more articles out there as well but of course you will conclude that these studies are invalid because your affiliation with the Republican party and self-denial. However, it's easier to fool an uneducated person into believing that you are "for them" but in reality you're not as evidenced by the last Republican president we had in office.

Polls are showing that a number of American are unhappy with their economic situation but everything has improved under Big O, maybe not as fast as most wanted it to but I rather have slight improvement rather than no improvement. Furthermore, most of those who are mad about their economic situation are mad at the wrong president but everyone wants to forget the damage Bush created and attempt to blame it on Obama....well, the easily fooled individuals which can't be too smart. Most of Georgia is a prime example.
I am not a Republican. I have stated this over and over and over on this forum. As for the ignorance I witness here... I really don't where to begin.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I am not a Republican. I have stated this over and over and over on this forum. As for the ignorance I witness here... I really don't where to begin.
It's ignorance in the post or a refusal to accept the truth from you?

I think it's the latter.

Furthermore, I don't think anything is false in my post. Of course, all republicans aren't dumb and all democrats aren't smart but I'm looking at the situation at hand..Specifically Georgia.

Republicans here vote against:
1) Social Services-- Hmm...meanwhile they receive the majority of the benefits from the state.
2) Overspending-- I find this ironic that anyone would open their mouth about spending considering the fact that there were pointless wars that cost us of billions of dollar--and it placed most of the middle class in its current situation.
3) Anything that seems "Un-American"....

I would continue but there's no point, There's not a point in trying to push through a brick wall.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
As I mentioned, I'm a moderate Democrat, but have many Republican friends who are very intelligent. So, I don't really believe that this a fair statement. And intelligence doesn't really have anything to do with IQ. It is perfectly fine that some folks disagree when it comes to politics - that is the American way. Thank God.
The American way is blurred in this situation. Yes, we should be able to agree and disagree when it comes to politics and the loser should accept defeat. However, it isn't fair game anymore because the losers have 1) tried their best to implement voter suppression tactics and 2) Scare their crowd into thinking the other party is a threat to America when in fact it's them.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
It's ignorance in the post or a refusal to accept the truth from you?

I think it's the latter.

Furthermore, I don't think anything is false in my post. Of course, all republicans aren't dumb and all democrats aren't smart but I'm looking at the situation at hand..Specifically Georgia.

Republicans here vote against:
1) Social Services-- Hmm...meanwhile they receive the majority of the benefits from the state.
2) Overspending-- I find this ironic that anyone would open their mouth about spending considering the fact that there were pointless wars that cost us of billions of dollar--and it placed most of the middle class in its current situation.
3) Anything that seems "Un-American"....

I would continue but there's no point, There's not a point in trying to push through a brick wall.
A brick wall is what I am. Anyone that has a strong sense of their values and who they are should be described as such. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: