Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 10:34 AM

11 posts, read 59,163 times

Advertisements

Hey Gasomeday,
I lived in upstate NY all my life until about 3½ years ago. I finally decided to move to Maryland. I left a great job and great paying job at Xerox Corp. after 13 years. I figured I would retire from them. They would not transfer me due to cut backs in the area that I wanted to move to. So I decided that I would find a new job and move anyway. A job should never hold one back from doing what one wants to do in life.
Yes I took a lower paying job, however I am almost back up to my Xerox pay and am happy here. I am looking to move though to Ga also. I have friends there and possible employment opportunities, so I figured hey, why not move again. I have no ties, I am single and I left my family in NY. I see them a few times a year. And with me moving, it gave my friends and family in NY a place to visit that they have not been to before.
Good luck and go for it. You are still young and single and able to do it. I am older and single and still able. Millions of people do the moving thing every day of the year.
Good Luck,
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,515 times
All the best! You're young, if you find out GA isn't for you, you can always move back. I moved back to Atlanta after living in DC/MD for about 6 years & I wish I'd done it sooner. I moved "cold turkey", with no job, apt. etc. Worked retail (lots of those here) for a month, then landed something better. I bought a place in less than a year (with DC prices, NEVER would have happened) and haven't looked back since!
Go for it, at least you can then look back and say you tried.....

Old 02-19-2007, 10:10 AM

25 posts, read 109,437 times
Im not sure if anyone answered your school question. I go to Kennesaw State in Cobb county, but Ga State is also worth looking into. I commute to Kennesaw, but it works for me.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:02 PM

22 posts, read 218,199 times
Take the chance. GA is probably much cheaper than MD

Old 02-23-2007, 05:29 AM

88 posts, read 491,214 times
Thumbs up Go for it!

New life, new adventure...hey I am in my mid 30's and wish I had done it sooner. will be moving this summer to GA

Good luck!

Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,407 times
I live in MD as well. am in a similar situation. however i do have a son whom i haven't seen in a year because his mother is not answering my calls. she moved and wont tell me where. anyways, i am involved with music and have been told by many that i am really talented. i believe in myself as well. atlanta offers more opportunity for my music that maryland does. also, i have family in georgia. more specifically a close cousin of mine. i havent spoken to him yet about it, but i'm considering staying with hime till i save up to get my own place. already found some promising jobs down there. i have a reliable car. its just a matter of should i do it. life in maryland has gotten really crazy for me and i really need to clear my head b4 i go insane. and i think a change of location would do me a world of good. plus i hate the weather here. lol i've been to atlanta once and i liked it. change is scary. its normal to be scared because ur not sure of the outcome or what to expect. but if u feel u'd be happier there, i'd say do it. my situation is a little tougher because i have a son in maryland. but id say go for it. life is short. its better to say "i tried and it didnt' work" than to say "i never tried. i wonder if it would've worked".

Old 12-20-2007, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,387 times
Default want to relocate to atlanta

I need to know if I should take the chance to move to atlanta i have the fear to do it because of my age and the type work i do which is i am a home provider in the state of ohio but i want a change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: