Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:48 PM

10 posts, read 69,321 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys!

I am going to start a new Job in Macon and I have to move to the area. I am planning to live in between Atlanta and Macon. Can you please suggest best places. I am looking for close by Mall, shopping areas, starbuck and night life.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 PM

511 posts, read 2,476,936 times
Default Bibb County Portfolio

I recommend Northern Bibb County, the area is growing into its own city, one that is evidently better than Macon or Columbus. The area is very mixed of middle and high class, there's [ url=http://www.theshoppesatrivercrossing.com/html/index9.asp]The Shoppes at River Crossing[/url] ], which is the new mall in Macon, which i'm sure you've heard of or saw through this site. There is also Macon Georgia Sporting Goods - Macon Fishing & Hunting Gear - Bass Pro Shops there are also many business the area home such as Atlantic Southern Bank Atlantic Southern Bank - The Bank You Always Wanted which is based in Macon and provides banking services to Middle Georiga and parts of Florida in the near future.

The new mall will bring 2,200 jobs not to mention everything going on around it the new area is expected to bring 5000 something jobs mostly in retail. There are also several million dollar homes in the area. Your also less than 30 minutes from the Atlanta outskirts, and 45 minutes from Hartsfield Jack International and an hour from downtown Atlanta where you can catch all of the events that dont come through Macon. The area streches anywhere noth of Zebulon Road inside the Interstate triangle, which is where I-75 meets I-475

If you do not wish to stay in North Bibb there is Bolingbroke, which is growing very steadily but could boom in the next three years. People in the area send there children across into North Bibb County to go to school, being Monroe County Schools are to far out the way, and because of the excellence of Northern Bibb County Schools,which are some of the greatest schools in middle georgia, with presidental award winning and honored teachers, and top of the line facilities. There is also the huge offering of Great Macon private schools that match up and some surpass Northern Bibb County Schools such as Mount de Sales Academy [ Mount de Sales Academy ], and Tatnall Square Academy [ Tattnall Square Academy - Page One (http://www.tattnall.org/home/page_one/index.html - broken link) ]. Currently there is no high school within short distance for the Northern Bibb County Area but the Bibb County Government is nearly complete on Howard High School [ Howard Middle School ] which anchors Howard Middle School where 25% of the population is from Bolingbroke, Monroe County.

There is also this Great Starbucks located on Bass Road, with a karoke style stage located inside. Also there is club that has a growing popularity for having 500+ people a night Thursday-Saturday, with people from as far out as McDonough, Georgia, which is an Atlanta outskirt. If you need more information contact me, with any questions or comments you may have. Some links are listed below, of sites that are familiar to Macon affiliates that are important.

News
The Telegraph - Homepage | www.macon.com
Humorous News Site - WMCC News
Another Macon News Site – Macon Area Online (http://www.maconareaonline.com/ - broken link)

Government
City Of Macon - The Official City of Macon Web Site - Home Page
Bibb County Government - Bibb County Home Page
Macon-Bibb Chamber of Commerce - Greater Macon Chamber of Commerce
Parks & Recreation - MBPR (broken link)
NewTown Macon - NewTown Macon - Home
Macon-Bibb County Convetion Vistors Bureau - Macon-Bibb Vistors Bureau

Education
Bibb County Board of Education Bibb County Public Schools
Mercer University - Welcome to Mercer University
Macon State College - Macon State College in Macon and Warner Robins, Georgia
Wesleyan College - Home
Windsor Academy - Welcome to Windsor Academy
First Presbyterian Day School [FPD] - First Presbyterian Day School, Macon, GA

Healthcare
Medical Center of Central Georgia - The Medical Center of Central Georgia
Coliseum Health System – Coliseum Health
Central Georgia Rehabilitation Hospital - Central Georgia Rehabilitation Hospital

Transportation
Middle Georgia Regional Airport – The Official City of Macon Web Site - City Departments: Aviation Department (http://www.cityofmacon.net/CityDept/aviation.htm - broken link)
Macon Transit Authority Macon Transit Authority Public Transportation in Macon, Georgia
Georgia Navigator - Georgia Navigator :: Traffic Maps (http://www.georgia-navigator.com/maps/macon - broken link)

Venues
Macon Centreplex [which includes the Macon Coliseum, Macon Auditorium, and The Edgar Wilson Convention Center] – Macon Centreplex
International Chery Blossom Festival - Macon, Georgia's Cherry Blossom Festival 2008 - Home (http://www.cherryblossom.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/ - broken link)
Macon Music Minor League Baseball Team - Macon Music

Wiki
Macon Wikipedia - Macon, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Downtown Macon Wikipedia - Downtown Macon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Macon [New Georgia Encyclopedia] - New Georgia Encyclopedia: Macon

Other
Providence Community Village located in Northern Bibb County - Welcome to Providence - A Family Village
Job Seeker - Mid Georgia Region job search and jobs posting. Find a high quality employee. Find the perfect job.

Last edited by MayorOfMacon2019; 02-16-2008 at 11:14 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Thank you

Dear MayorOfMacon2019,

Thank you for your information. Is there good appartments in Bibb county?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:25 PM

Selamta,
I just updated my previous post, and the last link listed has some apartments located within its community. If you could tell me what all you know about your move to Macon-Bibb County, and what you know about Macon-Bibb County. I could easily list many great apartments in Macon, but if you could narrow what your looking for I could really help you.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:44 PM

MayorOfMacon2019

Thank you for the details. I am going to start to work at Medical Center of Georgia in Macon. I have families in Atlanta and I would prefer to be in between as I mentioned earlier. For the time being I don't have a plan to buy house. I will look for Luxurious apartments/condos to rent. A 2 bedroom apartments that has exercise room and swimming pool in the complex. I like something green, flowers and trees. Shopping and grocery store nearby.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2008, 07:58 AM

Selamta,

I understand all of that, but could you express to me at least a portion of your knowledge about the Bibb County, so I can know whether to use street names, or cardinal direction, maps, and so forth to serve you better. It would be rather difficult if I just said, there is this great apartment out on Rivoli Ridge Road, and you've never been to Macon, or have a fluent understanding of any of the streets.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:42 PM

MayorOfMacon2019,

I have been in Macon last week for just only 2 days. But I didn't get a chance to know it very well. I don't really know street names. I have seen some places in northern Macon. I have been around the new mall underconstraction and I have also drive around some subdivisions in north side.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:44 PM

177 posts, read 221,497 times
Try Lullwater at Bass......They are probably some of the best Bibb county has to offer (at least until that moron Otis Ingram builds his complex off of Arkwright Rd)..

Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 AM

Yes Lullwater is a great devlopment, the link for that development is provided below.
Lullwater Village
Selamta,

I will provide you the same information I provided a previous young lady who asked about moving to Macon. My self I live in South Bibb, down by Hartley Bridge Road, but if I had the chance to move to North Bibb I would. Both are great communities, but North Bibb is growing two fold to that of South Bibb. So here is some information about North Bibb that will be very helpful, and I will give you a list of apartments that I consider the best in North Macon-Bibb.

Click on the link provided below, to preview what is sort of a mini North Macon-Bibb County portfolio.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2376152-post14.html

Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 7,783 times
Thank you all above for very useful information.
I am going to law school in Macon and moving with my children to the area. Any ideas, what could be good kids-friendly, nice and clean, apartment complex to live?
Also, I would highly appreciate any information about decent child care facilities in North Bibb county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia