U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What's the better location to live???
Atlanta 11 61.11%
Lithonia 2 11.11%
Stone Mountain 3 16.67%
Ellenwood 4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:12 AM

5 posts, read 17,755 times

Advertisements

I am trying to move my family out of the high crime areas of Philly. But I do not want to move to the high crime areas of Georgia... Any suggestions on where to look???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 AM

1,474 posts, read 1,744,393 times
Default well....

Georgia metro areas have the same issues as Philly with warmer weather being the exception. You are not going to escape criminal activities here particularly in the larger towns and cities. But like most metro areas, there are go and no go areas some of which depend on time of day and some you simply never go there.

With that said, and not knowing what your job needs are, NE Georgia is your best bet but the economy there is depressed and services very limited.

There are smaller towns in Southwest Georgia such as Moultrie, Bainbridge, Douglas (central) that are pleasant places but understand there is a severe climate change in store for you and gnats.

Georgia is one of those states where there are vast numbers of illegal aliens. Like the rest of the country, we are having economic troubles particularly in construction. Desperate times breed desperate people.

Your best bet is to come down and drive around looking. Nail down some areas that appeal to you and go from there. Above all, have employment before you quit your job if in fact job is an issue.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 AM

539 posts, read 1,434,850 times
Default FBI Uniform Crime Reports

When I was doing research before our move, I used this web site to get an idea of the crime in different areas. Federal Bureau of Investigation - Uniform Crime Reports As with any statistics I believe you have to take the info with a grain of salt. The reports are pretty detailed and do give you an idea of the types of crimes each area deals with and how much of it.

Good luck!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:19 PM

511 posts, read 1,765,920 times
Warner Robins, the name sales itself.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:24 PM

1,072 posts, read 558,762 times
North Metro Atlanta is pretty safe... not sure about your price range but I would suggest Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, Roswell, Duluth.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:17 PM

10,714 posts, read 6,723,468 times
Try the NW of GA! Good luck!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:20 AM

11 posts, read 34,228 times
Default Try Snellville

Try Snellville. Alot of people are moving out of some of those areas because of schools, gangs and crimes. Many N'Easterners settle in Snellville. We used to live there. Lots of amenities, parks and decent commute to ATL if you need it

Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 AM

63 posts, read 151,950 times
Kennesaw is great, Cobb county schools are tops,its a great community.The con, the drive time to Atlanta

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 AM

10 posts, read 40,209 times
All of the cities you list have all made the Atlanta news with crime, so I can't really recommend them. I would say, the farther out from the metro Atlanta area you go...the lower the crime rate. Just on the outskirts of the metro, you might want to look at Villa Rica on the west...Woodstock to the northwest, Buford to the north east, Madison to the east, and to the south McDonough.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 PM

22 posts, read 53,990 times
Default Gwinnett County

You should consider Gwinnett Co. Cities like Suwanee,Sugar Hill, Duluth are some great areas to live in.

Feel free to contact me directly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia