U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:25 PM

913 posts, read 2,671,265 times

Advertisements

I-185 between Columbus and LaGrange is really bad. I have been a victim haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 PM

104 posts, read 104,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Finally something we can agree on!!
I never thought I would see the day.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbucket View Post
Finally something we can agree on!!
I never thought I would see the day.
I always give the facts.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 AM

104 posts, read 104,720 times
Quote:
I always give the facts.
That is where we disagree.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbucket View Post
That is where we disagree.
Just telling the truth. If I am wrong on things I will admit it. I tell it how it is.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:59 PM

726 posts, read 3,284,289 times
Here is a solution for speeders:
Questions on Tuesday's Democratic primary ballot are causing a bit of a stir in Chatham County.

Quote:
For our children's safety, do you favor a speed limit of 25 mph or less on all two-lane roads that do not have either a sidewalk or a bike path?
Trees, fast cars on ballot | SavannahNow.com

Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 AM

6 posts, read 21,130 times
Quote:
Harris County Sheriff have this stretch on lock.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,730 times
I drive highway US 82 between Tifton Ga. through the small towns of Ty Ty, Sumner, Acree, and also the Speed Trap know as Poulan to Albany for work, shopping, ect. To protect and serve the cash with excessive force is the motto of the Poulan Ga. police department. If you want to know the real truth research and read the paper. It is filled with missing police money, illegal back ground checks, excessive force just to name few. I fail to understand why a divided four lane highway with a grassy
median," except where the brand new police cars sit so much the grass has been killed of in favor of dirt," would have a 45 MPH speed limit. Is crime so rampant in this small town that it needed such a police force when compared to the other small towns along US 82. Has any one told these people the highway is north of the town and the only thing along US 82 in Poulan Ga. is a junk yard eye sore the size of the town if not larger and two gas stations all on the south side of the road. You should see all the shinny new police cars and the police station while the rest of the town will give you blood posion. You might even get bit by a snake or something. Do the citizen of this town support all of this? I also have the pleasure of riding this road alot in relation to my job. I have to say you need to be out here with me. I have see law in force employees leave the training center in Tifton run red lights while texting, almost blow you off the speeding while on their way back to where ever they came from, turn on the flashing lights of the police car at red lights so they drive right through the traffic light to get to the drive thru at a fast food joint and the list goes on. It just goes to show who or what protect and serve really stands for. I guess i should have been a COP, the "under the table pay" is starting to sound pretty good.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilijamesme View Post
Harris County Sheriff have this stretch on lock.
You are right about that. I-185 is horrible. It is so easy to fly down that interstate. GSP and Harris County Sheriffs are always lurking in the median.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 PM

43 posts, read 103,481 times
I've had bad experiences with the city of Hoschton, which is along highway 53 near Braselton. 53 drops from 55 to 35 before you know what hit you. The city will get Jackson County to immediately issue a warrant for your arrest if you are one day late paying the ticket.

Beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia