Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM

17 posts, read 54,410 times

Advertisements

It,s FREE tax money,in its not so pure but simple form.........YG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM

222 posts, read 752,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsrichards View Post
All of the US 129/441 cities in NE GA that have four-lane bypasses running around them are NOTORIOUS speedtraps. The worst examples are Eatonton, Madison, Arcade, Jefferson, Pendergrass, Baldwin, and Dillard.
I've found Mountain City, just south of Dillard to be sneaky! They like to hide on the blind side of a building. You never see them, till you have pasted the structure. Nice stretch of flat road, let's them keep an eye on you, and gives them plenty of time to get the Crown Vic scootin'.

Also see Rabun County S.O., run a lot of roadblocks leaving Clayton, heading to the gorge. Not so much DUI's any longer, as much as looking for moving meth labs. MS-13 are all over the place. It's disgusting. Tons of drugs now, between Clayton, and Franklin, N.C.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,803 times
Going North on hiway 23 on outskirts of Cochran, Ga. Speed limit is set at 45. 15 ft across the road in other lane, going South speed limit 35. Two lane hiway. South lane going into town, north lane coming out. Speed limit is supposely posted for saftey reasons, why the different in speed limit on two lane hiway? Also beware of overhead bridge at college. Police set up speed trap out of sight of south bound traffic at bottom of bridge. Works good, if you like this sort of thing. It's the store owners who lose. I won't go back to Cochran to buy anything. I'll go to surrponding towns who appreciates my business.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,662 times
Add highway 72 at Colbert to the list, between Elberton and Athens. Two Madison county cars were working it today. Now if I were to blast through there at eighty miles an hour, they would have every right to catch and fine me. But when I'm going the legal speed for the highway and the cars are set up right where the speed limit drops for a tiny town, that's a speed trap to me. The folks in Danielsville are legally picking my pocket.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,690 times
Right off the top of my mind:

dooly county.

valdosta

mcdonough

I20 from atlanta to alabama

kennesaw

duluth

285/75 junction in cobb county

and all those listed on hwy129 are so true it is sad.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 22,822 times
My daughter's fiance got a speeding ticket in Tifton over Easter Weekend...the police officer told him he was clocked at 90 in a 60 mph zone while everyone in the car knew he was exceeding the speed limit, he was not going 90! 80 at the most and the ticket is for $700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The driver dared not talk back to the officer, just took the ticket and went on his way.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 9,918 times
Hi i was travling to montgomery alabama and had my speed controll on 67 mile an hour. Well then I come on a speed radar posted on us 82 west going to Columbus it read I was going 68 so I hit the decrease button to slow a little.
I have a 2008 dodge with everything the cruise had to be at least 67 miles an hour . I was in no hurry and have plenty of time now that i am retired .
Well after I hit the cruise and slowed a little i was coming in Cusseta area and as my cruise pulled me to the top of the hill I noticed a sherriff car parked in the medium. In just a few minutes after wards the blue lights came on.
The reason I stopped you was I clocked you at 71 mile an hour. I am the deputy sherriff of Cusseta
I replied that my cruise was set on 68 mile an hour because that is what the radar a few miles back and the officer still gave me a ticket for 71 in a 55. I wonder how many others have had this happen.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 9,918 times
Question Cusseta Ga

Hi I was travling to Montgomery on us82/520 going toward Columbus Ga.I run up on a radar that said I was doing 68, so I hit the decell button to slow down.
I was going up a hill and the cruise was pulling me up the hill. Then when I topped the hill and was on the way down I noticed a car in the medium. It was a sherriff car . Then in a few minutes as I was in controll of the vehicle instead of the cruise controll. I was doing the 55 mile that was posted. The blue lights come on so I pulled over.
The officer identifed him self as the deputy sherriff of Cusseta. The reason I pulled you over was I clocked you at 71 mile an hour.
I replied to the officer that he clocked me at 68 because that is what I remenber the radar a few miles back had said I was doing.
The officer said licence and insurance so I gave them to him and he did not waste no time writting the ticket. He must of had it already made out except the name of the person he was going to give the ticket to.
I was there at least five minutes and that is giving the advantage to the officer.
I just retired and I told the officer I was in no hurry

Last edited by gerrico; 11-19-2009 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: cap

Old 11-19-2009, 07:09 PM

199 posts, read 627,764 times
that is defiantly a speed trap through there!!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:56 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,992 times
dam gerrico
68mph in a 55mph zone
trap or not you were still getting a ticket
still not in a hurry, huh
better luck next time
any traps around dahlonega area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia