Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,835 times

Advertisements

Another Floridian desperately looking to leave Miami. Liked Cumming area due to low real estate taxes and schools. Liked the Vickery Elementary and Middle Schools. Can anyone let me know of a good neighborhood in that area? I'm looking for a community w/lots of kids and activities for them, ex. block parties???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2006, 01:15 PM

48 posts, read 222,435 times
Default flmom~

Im not familiar with that area... but i too am vacating miami as soon as our new house is ready (that and as soon as our home here is sold!) the area we pretty much fell in love with is in gwinett county. Dacula to be exact.

Hope you find what u are looking for and good luck!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:18 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
FL mom
we are building in Cumming
we will be moving up from JAX
we are in the fieldstone enclave
there are 4 communities
they have a huge community area, pools play area clubhouse etc
when we were up there for the color selection they were having a fall harvest celebration at the clubhouse so the families could meet each other
another sub division is Dressage crossing it is right across the street from a really good school. a guy my husband works with lives there and he told us about the school. Chicory Creek is another one we really liked.
There are lots of options in the area
we actually chose Cumming because our old neighbor had moved there 6 months ago after doing months of research. When we were up there looking around we stopped to say hi and see his house and fell in love with one of the models,and as things often work out we ended up loving the lot across the street from him so we will once again be neighbors
Find a Realtor that knows the area and go looking, i can recommend one that I liked if you need one
good luck to you
we will all have to get together for a "FLA folk reunion" as soon as we are all up there
Karla

Old 06-02-2007, 01:23 PM

6 posts, read 25,878 times
Hi, I;m in the middle of making a very important decision to move to Cumming Georiga- I have a 14 year old and he is not thrilled (of course) do you like living in Cummings since you are there- We just went to the open house at the new West Forsyth High School- Looking at resale homes and saw alot of really nice homes- just want to make sure its the right move for my family and especially my son- thanks

Old 06-02-2007, 02:05 PM

165 posts, read 656,897 times
Were also leaving Fl .were looking in Cummings and Woodstock .We liked the Vickery area near 20 and Post Road OR Bealthview rd i think . lol

Old 06-02-2007, 02:39 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
We looked at Vickery when it was beinmg builta few years ago, and it's absolutely gorgeous. The prices for the homes are very high, but they're very nicely designed, and the neighborhood was very well planned IMO.

We just bought a house in Canton, which is a little less developed than Cumming (for now.....), in Harmony at the Lakes. The community is very similar to Vickery, and the prices are much better. It might be worth a look if you'd consider areas other areas besides Cumming.

Bob

Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 AM

165 posts, read 656,897 times
tks bob will check that area out baily

Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 17,750 times
Settlers Lake by DR Horton! Mid 200's. We live there and it is awesome. very kid friendly with great amenities! Welcome to Cumming!

Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,485 times
Default Cumming, GA

Cumming ga is a great place to live. I have lived here for years (moved here from NJ). I know that area very well. I am a RE Agent for that area. Make sure that you know what you are looking for. Swim / Tennis is always great for resale...but make sure you look at the covenants and restrictions before making an offer. Also, Forsyth has some of the best schools in GA, and yes the area over near Vickery is close to the top as far as schools. West HS is brand new and reminds me of a mini college campus. Down side is there is a tremendous amount of traffic. If you need any specific advice, contact me anytime. And yes.....a large portion of this area is comprised of "Floridians". Best of Luck.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,157 times
We are relocating to Ga from Vermont. I have two small children and cumming seems to be it for us because of the schools. My question is how is the commute from cumming to Buford? My husband will be working near the Mall of Ga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia