Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2006, 11:10 PM

3 posts, read 9,307 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody
My wife and I are considering to move to GA We are looking for a small town with a population of 60,000 or less. We would need a health care facility, (Hospital or Medical center) and access to good shopping Wal Mart and Lowes etc. The place we are looking for must be safe, low crime and in a good neighborhood. We have been searching a lot of locations in GA on the internet but we still need your help to make the right decision. It is very important for us to know your advice about the place we are looking for. Please help us, we will appreciate any help

thanks a lot
SM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 03:58 AM

8 posts, read 27,747 times
Try Hoschton Ga. You want to get far enough out of Atlanta to get rid of the traffic. The biggest mall in the SE is 20 minutes down the road.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,307 times
Thanks for reply, Paul . We will check that place.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,772 times
Thumbs up Hello

Check out Chatsworth Georgia. I've lived here all my life and I love it.
It's just a small town,with only three or four redlights. Great schools and our neighboring town Dalton has a nice mall and Wal-mart. Plenty of restraunts and things to do.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 AM

233 posts, read 1,227,047 times
I don't know how many people are in this area, but I am in Chatham County. This area is nice. The schools could be better. Effingham county schools are great. We have a home depot and walmart close. The hospitals are in Savannah (about 30-40 minutes away) right now. I am sure there will be one out this way in the next couple of years to accomodate all the growth. There are two new schools that will be going up in the next couple of years.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,732 times
I would consider Columbia County which is in the Augusta metro. Columbia County has a GREAT school system and has alot of retail in the area. The Medical College of Georgia is about 15-20 minutes away in the Augusta. The area has a big city feel with all the shopping centers but with a down south charm.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:59 AM

7 posts, read 23,160 times
Default Try Newnan, Peachtree City Areas

I've lived all over the Southeast and the Atlanta area in general. We landed in Newnan a few years ago and now I wouldn't leave it for anything. Newnan is about 35-40 minutes south/southwest of Atlanta on the I-85 corridor and offers the BEST COMMUTE into the city of Atlanta if you have to do it, lots of NEW shopping (all the major shops you mentioned plus great restaurant chains and easy access to all of them), good schools (important for resale value even if you don't have kids in the system), and really nice people. Neighoring Peachtree City was ranked the 8th best place to live by Money Magazine this past year, so it may be an option, too. Feel free to email me if there are any other questions I can answer about the area in general.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:41 PM

351 posts, read 884,342 times
I would look into the augusta area.You cant beat the hospitals here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia