U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-01-2006, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,925 times
Question Moving to Acworth

I am currently in the process of relocating to Acworth GA from South Florida I am originally from NJ and have lived in S.Florida for about 2yrs,I am in a interracial relationship and have a 20yr old daughter,I am very concerned about the area and how the predjudice people may react,I am used to the stares that are common but have never lived in the South,is this town predominately white and how do they feel about interracial couples,I will be working in Kennesaw I am also not that sure of that area either.I have tried to find a apartment in Marietta I would prefer to live in a very diverse area but after reading the reviews on some of the apartments I was forced to look elsewhere and find a realtor.Does anyone know of a nice apartment complex in that area that's safe,and not bug infested?Thanks for helping I am just very concerned about Acworth and renting a house there and living very uncomfortably and also it being very uncomfortable for my daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 03:38 PM

86 posts, read 308,914 times
Default Have you thought......

About buying a house? To be honest, you can buy a house for the same price if not cheaper then renting and you have an investment verse throwing money down the drain....:O

Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM

59 posts, read 253,621 times
Hi Kathie:

You must go there and SEE FOR YOURSELF! South Florida is the south, but it is also South Florida....you know what I mean. It is world class so prejudice is not in your face. The "South" (Ackworth) is hit or miss. It depends where you go, you should try and see for yourself or talk to someone who you trust, who has been there.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,528,134 times
Well, I'm from Acworth... If you're that concerned with racism move into a black neighborhood. There are plenty in Acworth and Kennesaw.

I'm tired of having to defend the 'South' everytime someone brings this crap up. You'll probably get the stares but nothing else.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_hat_cri_tot_num_percap-crimes-total-number-per-capita (broken link)

Old 03-02-2007, 04:38 PM

85 posts, read 270,775 times
I agree with the above.....find a Black neighborhood, anywhere.
If you think Whites are prejudiced try living among Blacks. Better yet, head back to NJ, they most likely miss you.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,623 times
Hey Kathy,
We used promove to find our apartment in acworth. We were a bit skeptical of their free apartment locating service, but it was legitimate. no cost to us and they helped us find our apartment and even negotiated the rate down and we got $300 back. They have an acworth page on their sitehttp://atlanta.promove.com/acworth-apartments (broken link)

Last edited by atlapt; 06-17-2009 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: update text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia