Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 04:40 PM

16 posts, read 127,773 times

Advertisements

How bad are they in georgia? Are they in all houses, what the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 04:44 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,080,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI/MN View Post
How bad are they in georgia? Are they in all houses, what the deal?
I don't know where you got your info at,but I have no problem with roaches.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:39 PM

Good, I am veryyyy happy to here that.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:11 AM

183 posts, read 1,006,951 times
Smile Roaches

I too, have never seen a roach in Ga...

Old 12-03-2006, 06:43 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,169 times
Are guys kidding me, I see roaches all the time. I live in Atlanta and they are all over the place. I don't usually get them in my apartment (only if I leave doors open and such) but I see them in the parking lot, side walks, on the outside walls, etc. Roaches here are really gross too. We not only have your typical roach seen other places but there are also the huge flying cockroaches which are between 1 and 2 inches. Not fun.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:24 AM

I have seen them in Georgia outside as well and I know they do probably come in some houses but I am wondering what the statistics of them being in peoples houses are. That is what I wouldn't want t o deal with. And I have heardabout these flying roaches whats up with that where are the flying and they don't land on you do they?

Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM

434 posts, read 1,040,435 times
Those big, nasty, flying roaches are called Palmetto bugs. I had a bad experience with them in this house that I rented for a couple months. I would see 1-3 a day inside the house and forget about outside(nighttime) there would be 3-4 out there, some flying. I had to run and dodge to get to my car, thank God none flew on my face. I never found out how to get rid of them but you don't see them really in winter. Bad thing about it, you can be clean as hell and still get them. I think if you have a older home you will more than likely have a promblem with them.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:09 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
In Florida that's our state bird..LOL~

Old 12-03-2006, 03:31 PM

38 posts, read 193,982 times
Roaches in Georgia are really not that bad. I have never had one in my house or seen one outside my house. I did have a flying one fly onto me one night in downtown Atlanta and I pretty much freaked out, but I grew up in Florida so I have dealt with them before. I wouldn't worry about the roaches, if you have them where you live then call an exterminator.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:19 PM

84 posts, read 379,417 times
CHI/MN,
the roach situation: I too, was scared by the stories told to me. I visited with my husband years before we moved here and only saw a really large one once, and I swear it hopped off the wall onto the floor (my husband thinks I'm paranoid - he grew up in Alabama so no bugs bother him). We moved here in June and bought a house in Sept. Our house was vacant before we moved in a the realtor that owned the house did exterminate because we saw dead ones here and there, but that was good because they were dead. About 3 or 4 days after moving in, I saw one. Then the next couple of days I saw another. I started freaking out. I told some people at my job and they said the same thing that Ericmrtt said - you can be the cleanest person on earth and occasionally you'll see them. One person at work said that they are in the trees and they come in thru open windows and doors. We're on half on acre, so we have lots of trees. After I started freaking out to my husband about calling an exterminator, I haven't seen one since. It was strange. You just have to be careful and arm your house. We had boric acid (the white powdery stuff) going around the perimeter of the house and the last time I saw one - he was dead because he had come under the front door but he walked thru the acid. It's really not as bad as you think. I'm terrified of roaches (big or small) and I feel comfortable in my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia