Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 12:07 AM

1 posts, read 605 times

Advertisements

We have been living in Marietta for over 2 years in rental apartment and planning to buy house now. We are Indian middle class family of two in early 30s and without kids. We work in Airport area which is south side of town. Some of my colleagues have bought house in Alpharetta but they have bad experience with daily commute to work in airport area. We know that there is big Indian population in north side. However we don't want to go further down north (Alpharetta, Cummings) as there is no point in moving away from work. We are okay with commute from Marietta area with easy access to I75 HOV and started liking this area.

Going by school rating, Walton and Pope school districts are primary search area for buying house. We need some suggestion before buying house in these school districts.
Are home owners in this area of diverse nationality including India. Please advise with name of subdivision where diverse demographic lives.
Will there be hard time socializing in neighborhood for Indian family who have lived in US for long time.
Will there be any issue for kids of middle class family being accepted by kids of affluent family. As I read these schools have students from upper class family.

Thanks in advance for your candid suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 PM

46 posts, read 47,137 times
Your post SCREAMS Sandy Springs.

Hugely developed. Big time Indian population. Access to GA-400 and I-285. Standout schools. Only 15 minutes from your current location in Marietta.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:14 PM

22 posts, read 21,720 times
Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, and Marietta are all okay. I left Alpharetta last summer and moved to Buckhead but the area was great. I did notice a large Indian demographic in Alpharetta. But definitely don't go past Alpharetta. Cumming would be an awful commute. Sandy Springs nice Charter schools. Have had family to attend school system there and thought highly of it. Alpharetta' school district is good as well. I'm not too familiar with Cobb county school system. Would think East Cobb would be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia