Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:15 AM

29 posts, read 60,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterkhoury View Post
Is Dallas Ga getting a lot of crime?
I don't think the crime is bad here. Most of the stuff I hear about are cars getting broken into at night or someones ATV getting stolen off their front lawn. Everyone on my street leaves their bikes out in the front yard, half the time the kids bikes are laying just barely off the side of the street and they haven't been taken. It all depends on where you live though, I'm sure some neighborhoods have problems that others don't have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 01:48 PM

20 posts, read 31,901 times
Default crime in Dallas Ga

Thank you for your input.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 3,590 times
It’s safe in Dallas the police instill Texas Justice and work hard to stop the criminals there is a lot of Atlanta cops or Sandy Sprinfs cops that commute in and live off of Cedarcrest
In Dallas

Old 12-08-2017, 04:26 AM

2,537 posts, read 1,887,829 times
To understand our system, Cobb County has over 100 schools under one system (City of Marietta has its own system). The schools in the north part of Cobb County, including Acworth, are excellent. Acworth has a vibrant little downtown. Acworth would be a great choice. Woodstock is Cherokee County schools. The schools are also good in that part of Cherokee and even more is happening in Woodstock downtown than in Acworth There are lots of transplants from other parts of the country in both areas.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noooooney View Post
Those are nice areas but if you want a house that big be prepared to pay out big time. Also the schools and healthcare in GA are not good, at all. For this reason I have opted to homeschools. As far as crime anywhere you go here will be infested but those areas seem to have less. I think because the transportation system doesnt go out there.
If the public schools are so bad, how did my daughter go on to get a BBA at UGA and an MBA at Purdue? Oh, because there are good public schools in Cobb County that prepared her to succeed at the college level.

Also, many people go to Emory University for serious medical conditions and the care there is world class.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaAnais View Post
How are Dallas and Acworth GA??

I would be working in Kennesaw, my job has an office there.
Kennesaw seems very nice from the research I have done online, but I see some gorgeous homes in Acworth and especially Dallas.

I would like to know about the areas.... Crime, Schools, things to do...... is it country living, or more city???
BTW, I am engaged and currently have a 3 y/o daughter

please, any info will help

Im also open to suggestions of other towns near Kennesaw with nice houses

looking for a 4 BR, at least 2.5 BA (prefer 2500 sq ft or more)
I grew up in New Jersey. You will be fine in metro Atlanta. Housing isn't the bargain it used to be, but it is still less than the tri-state area and the taxes here are much lower. Cobb County offers many activities for kids. Try to get into a swim/tennis neighborhood. The Kennesaw area is suburban life, with lots of shopping and lots going on.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 5,593 times
If you can get into the Harrison high school district (I believe it has a mix of several towns) I think you would be in good shape

Old 01-30-2018, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 14,860 times
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by caragitana View Post
You could live in Kennesaw & be zoned for a school in Acworth. Or you could live in Marietta 30064 and attend Harrison high school in Kennesaw. It just depends on the address/zoning map.
Kennesaw is closer to the freeway and has plenty of shopping & entertainment. Dallas is a bit far out and not close to an interstate. To a NYer it would most likely be considered "country".
Don't focus too much on having an Acworth or Kennesaw address as long as you stay in Cobb county.
Cobb has good infrastructure, lower taxes and better schools. Kennesaw & Acworth are more established than
Dallas.
Former NYer and Californian here... My kids have done very well in Kennesaw schools. They have been part of the Target & Magnet programs. So far one has completed/graduated HS and earned a scholarship.

E.g.; Here is a house in Marietta with very good schools that are in Kennesaw
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...e9b_sch/0_mmm/

Old 04-19-2018, 03:47 PM

4 posts, read 14,860 times
thank you

Old 07-26-2018, 02:10 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,412,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice 2018 View Post
It’s safe in Dallas the police instill Texas Justice and work hard to stop the criminals there is a lot of Atlanta cops or Sandy Sprinfs cops that commute in and live off of Cedarcrest
In Dallas
There are some great, newer, relatively less expensive neighborhoods off of Old Cartersville Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia