Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 AM

2 posts, read 10,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand0408 View Post
My family and I will be moving to Ellijay in early June. We purchased a home in Coosawattee River Resort. We have been there numerous times and absolutely love it. My son is 13 and will be in 8th grade next year. Is there any families out there who have recently moved to Ellijay? Do you like the area? How are the schools? The weather? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
I am 12 and I moved to Ellijay with my family 3 years ago. I love the schools, exspecially my school, Clear Creek Middle School. Gilmer Middle School, the other middle school, is really, really OLD. Clear Creek is brand spanking new, lockers and everything, I mean, when i was in 6th grade (from Aug 2007 to May 2008 was my 6th grade year) and im going into 7th grade (Aug 2008 - May 2009) and the school was built in December 2007!! Our school had to be in the same building with GMS (Gilmer Middle) So the school is BIG and Pretty, Good teachers, very nice lockers with plenty of time to get to your locker and back to class. GOOD food. Clear Creek is mainly Perfect for any kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 01:00 AM

2 posts, read 10,572 times
Talking Ellijay

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletPetal View Post
Hi ,We are also thinking of moving to Ellijay, we also have a 13 year old son. We like to fish and enjoy the great outdoors. Can anyone tell me if the schools are good? How far are the schools? Who is happy with the area? Thank you, any info I'm happy to hear! We might be moving into the area June-July so I need in put fast!!!
I am 12 so close to your sons age. I love it here in Ellijay! Its a nice busy city, but drive about 15 min. away from the city, and there are pretty forests, I live by a nice calm creek. I live about 5 minutes away from Clear Creek Middle School, (I live on Clear Creek Rd!) There are a lot of available houses on that rd. And, Clear Creek Middle is a really good school!! The teachers are super nice. The food is great. And its new (built, December 2007). And the education is pretty dang good if i say so myself! I passed the CRCT (criterion referenced competency test) with flying colors!!
The CRCT is the test that says whether you go to summer school or not.
The Principal is nice, everybody is nice really, and its a pretty big school too. There are seperate halls that all lead to one big common area each grade has its own hall, so there will be no bullying at all. (Ive witnessed a fight at GMS before. Im not saying GMS, Gilmer Middle, is a bad school or anything) I just prefere CCMS, Clear Creek, to Gilmer.
I do hope you move to Ellijay, its a really pretty town... that do have houses for sale, pretty cheap if i say so myself.
Well, I hope you move here! It is a nice small country town.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:59 PM

8 posts, read 56,821 times
Default Living in Ellijay

We have made the move from Florida to Ellijay. We have been here about 6 weeks and we are settling in nicely. It is very relaxing and slow pace. I have enrolled my son at Clear Creek Middle School and he has started conditioning with the football team. Hopefully when school starts he will meet many nice kids. The only thing I miss about Florida is the family members that we left behind.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:58 PM

126 posts, read 341,306 times
Hope you have many happy years to enjoy Ellijay .

Old 07-22-2008, 01:02 PM

90 posts, read 335,891 times
Default We're from FL looking at Ellijay, also...

We homeschool our two kids, 14g, 11boy. Are there things to do in Ellijay?
Is it close to a city? We're going to be checking it out soon. K

Old 07-23-2008, 04:35 PM

8 posts, read 56,821 times
There is alot to do in Ellijay if you like the outdoors. The resort we live in has 3 swimming pools (1 indoor), fishing, ATV riding, and tubing on the river. There are alot of nice state parks in the area. I personally love Ellijay. The people are very friendly!! Where do you currently live in Florida? We moved here after 23 years in Port Charlotte.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:09 PM

41 posts, read 152,990 times
Default looking for a place to retire

My husband, 12 yr. old daughter and I want to move somewhere clean and peaceful in 2012 when I take early retirement. We're looking at Ellijay. I've heard the schools are bad which concerns me some, but I'm an educator so homeschooling is an option. My concern is the racial mix...there does not seem to be many black people there. I'm white, my husband black and I would appreciate an honest opinion regarding how people there feel about that sort of thing. We're free to move anywhere we want, but I'd prefer to make a good move the first time. Thanks

Old 07-24-2008, 06:51 PM

34 posts, read 112,916 times
I don't think most people in Ellijay would be welcoming of a bi-racial couple. There are only 2 races in the Ellijay area : white and hispanics.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:18 PM

41 posts, read 152,990 times
Default bi-racial couple moving to Ellijay...not!

Thanks and that's too bad. I thought as much, but convinced myself that people surely aren't still so....well, guess I was counting on a little Christianity. I saw 1.7% black in Ellijay...brave souls. We'de like to live near the foothills of the Smokey Mtns. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Old 08-03-2008, 10:20 AM

11 posts, read 42,750 times
Default Looking to move to ellijay

That is so wild, I was on here looking about Ellijay and saw your from Pt Charlotte, I am in Rotonda West. My sister needs her cabin basement remodeled and I want out of Florida so we are gonna go there and stay there while my B/F fixes everything then get our own place. My daughters 14 and will have to go to middle school there.
I am excited, sick of hurricanes and humidty and those darn Love bugs! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand0408 View Post
There is alot to do in Ellijay if you like the outdoors. The resort we live in has 3 swimming pools (1 indoor), fishing, ATV riding, and tubing on the river. There are alot of nice state parks in the area. I personally love Ellijay. The people are very friendly!! Where do you currently live in Florida? We moved here after 23 years in Port Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia