Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 07:26 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Why the LOL? Miami gets to be de facto capital of an entire continent and Atlanta gets just a piece of the USA.

I'll give Georgia the panhandle and Jacksonville. Seriously, please take them.
Gladly, and you can keep that diseased reservoir tip on the other end with my compliments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 06:27 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Why so eager to get rid of them? Not "urban and cosmopolitan" enough for you?

Old 12-30-2017, 03:00 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Nice delusion if you think Atlanta or Georgia influences any part of Florida.

Sweat Tea should be called the proverbial "Kool Aid"...
Naw, the "Kool Aid" would be the cafecito you've been sucking down. Thanks for the laugh though!

You've been in denial in regards to this for years.

Need you be reminded of a little institution known as the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta? You know, the one with branches in Jacksonville and Miami? Anyone that conducts any banking in Florida is influenced by them. In fact, Florida residents can't get through to any Federal Agency or Court in D.C. without first coming through Atlanta. That's a HUGE influence on the entire State, whether you care to admit it or not.

The corporate influence is just as large. Atlanta influences all of Florida, more so than Miami could ever wish to outside of its three County Metro.

Miami actually has more influence over the Caribbean and Latin America than it does its own State.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:12 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Why the LOL? Miami gets to be de facto capital of an entire continent and Atlanta gets just a piece of the USA.

Say's the guy that lives part-time within close proximity to places such as Rocky Mount and Wilson? LOL!!!!

Give me a break.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:52 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I see the same superior feelings for the largest city in the state combined with disdain for the rest of the state is not just an Atlanta malady. We will gladly take them. Best parts of your state.

Do we rename FSU or let you move it to Okeechobee?
After the football season they just had, and the mess with their Greek system, I don’t think anybody wants to claim FSU at present.

Tallahassee is a nice town though ... just like Thomasville. One media market.

Everything on the other side of South Georgia (Brunwswick, Waycross, Kingsland / St Mary’s) is part of Jacksonville’s market.

There’s a lot more Ga-Fla overlap than people realize.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:23 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
When it comes to major events and cultural attractions in general, my friends from North Florida always come to Atlanta. Never Miami. Atlanta holds sway over the majority of North Florida.

Can Miami lay claim to "capital of Latin America?" Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires and probably a few others are more important, I'd think.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:37 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,857,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
After the football season they just had, and the mess with their Greek system, I don’t think anybody wants to claim FSU at present.

Tallahassee is a nice town though ... just like Thomasville. One media market.

Everything on the other side of South Georgia (Brunwswick, Waycross, Kingsland / St Mary’s) is part of Jacksonville’s market.

There’s a lot more Ga-Fla overlap than people realize.
FSU is still a great school despite those two black eyes of late. How about Florida Georgia Line University? Haha. I wonder if Alabama would protest and get the portion of the panhandle west of the Apalachicola? Makes sense on a map. And how far south do we get? Is Gainesville going to Georgia too? Got to come up with a new name their too. They gotta change their town name too.

My step sister on Saint Simons does not look to Jacksonville much. But they have so much family up north they are more Atlanta centric just because of that. I didn't watch much TV when I was there but I thought they had Savannah TV stations. Could be wrong.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:08 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
FSU is still a great school despite those two black eyes of late. How about Florida Georgia Line University? Haha. I wonder if Alabama would protest and get the portion of the panhandle west of the Apalachicola? Makes sense on a map. And how far south do we get? Is Gainesville going to Georgia too? Got to come up with a new name their too. They gotta change their town name too.

My step sister on Saint Simons does not look to Jacksonville much. But they have so much family up north they are more Atlanta centric just because of that. I didn't watch much TV when I was there but I thought they had Savannah TV stations. Could be wrong.
The cable system in Brunswick (Comcast I think?) carried WTOC and WSAV out of Savannah when I lived there, but Glynn County is in the Jacksonville TV market and all the Jax stations cover Brunswick like it’s local. In fact, one of the Jacksonville TV stations was even licensed to Brunswick at one time.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:37 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,382,247 times
Quote:
What do you dislike about the panhandle? That's my favorite part of Florida.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:05 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,617,717 times
So Georgia grew by 115,000 and we're talking about the influences of Atlanta and Miami on Northern Florida? LOL, wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia