Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,291,389 times

Advertisements

We will be new residents of Rock Spring, GA (close to Chickamauga) in about a month or so! (The sooner the better!)

What I want to know is all the cool little places and fun stuff to do around the area. Anything from a good public fishin hole, to the best nightlife, to the most fun day-trips, etc... Bazaars, festivals, flea markets, themed restaurants, etc.....

I want to know what you like to do for fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 02:38 PM

100 posts, read 425,172 times
Good luck, the last time we were there to the Chickmauga battle field I saw not a whole lot. Lookout Mountain and Ruby Falls were great though! Chattanooga isn't to far maybe they offer something. Maybe this site will help

Walker County Chamber of Commerce

Old 03-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Thanks for your response and actually I have found that site! Has some good stuff!

I totally disagree that there is nothing to do! I am so excited to be moving there and I found it to be a beautiful place with the friendliest people! What I am looking to find out about is all the places and things to do that the people who have lived there a while know about. You know! The favorite little hole in the wall restaurant that looks like a little bit of nothing from the outside, but just happens to serve the best fried catfish and homemade pies in the area, or the best place to drown a worm and catch those fish yourself! The best flea markets and what festival you just simply cannot miss! The most interesting quirks that are ONLY found in this particular place. The fun stuff that makes each and every place unique!

Every place has them, I am just too excited about moving here (and perhaps a little impatient - LOL) and want to get a jump start on all these great things without having to wait to discover them on my own. Oh, I know that I will find things on my own that, probably, only I will find fascinating, but I WANT IT NOW!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL .

Old 03-24-2008, 06:35 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
There are lots of outlets malls in Calhoun and Dalton for shopping. For a great day out with all sorts, we LOVE the Dalton flea market. Some ppl complain about the high hispanic attendance but to me that means more great food lol How bout some corn w/mayo, hot sauce and parmesean in a cup? YUM! They sell chickens and other animals there too. Cool place to spend the day.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Corn with mayo, hot sauce, and parmesan? Never heard of it! LOL - Husband loves to put butterbeans in a bowl, crumble up cornbread, add mayo and squish it all around! Looks like ooze, but actually tastes pretty good! (Of course, that's one of those things you eat AT HOME!!! LOL)

Sounds great though! I love Flea Markets and just to have a place to wander around and "people watch"!

Seems like you and I always get to talkin about food, doesn't it???

Old 03-24-2008, 11:38 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
Yes lol we do! It's no wonder I keep gaining lol

Each weekend we can do all the nationalities. One weekend it will be asian, another for Indian, another for spanish etc... I can't wait until it warms up and spend an entire day at the flea market eatin' those yummy corn cups.

I will reserve a nice lazy Sunday for butterbean mush lol

Old 03-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Sign me up!!!!

(Remember for the butterbean mush to be correct, you must use the huge white limas! LOL Wouldn't want ya to be accused of having incorrect butterbean mush etiquette!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Any other cool things to do around here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia