U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-04-2009, 03:51 PM

123 posts, read 193,907 times

Advertisements

Well this thread of pictures of Georgia turned out to be pictures of Macon and Columbus. Wonder where is the rest of Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,381,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian2 View Post
Well this thread of pictures of Georgia turned out to be pictures of Macon and Columbus. Wonder where is the rest of Georgia.
Jillian2,

I have tried. I gave up because of the rink in Columbus and the growth in Macon.

Here is a panoramic shot of West Point Lake from the cabin I am staying in while working out-of-town.

Here is a picture of a mail box near Eastman, Ga.. I call it an anti-bill mailbox. I have applied for a patent... order now while supplies last!

I snapped this picture of an Otter in a small pond near Hawkinsville.

Granted, these picture do not really show much of Georgia but I will start taking more of the towns I pass through.

High Falls State Park near Forsyth, Ga.

Some turtles in a public fishing area near Thomaston, Ga.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:56 PM

I passed through Thomaston today. They have a statue of a stump. And if that is not impressive enough for ya... they have a statue of the first cannonball fired during the Civil War. Pretty cool, huh? And a Ritz theater. And a courthouse.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:51 PM

147 posts, read 350,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Jillian2,

I have tried. I gave up because of the rink in Columbus and the growth in Macon.

Here is a panoramic shot of West Point Lake from the cabin I am staying in while working out-of-town.

Here is a picture of a mail box near Eastman, Ga.. I call it an anti-bill mailbox. I have applied for a patent... order now while supplies last!

I snapped this picture of an Otter in a small pond near Hawkinsville.

Granted, these picture do not really show much of Georgia but I will start taking more of the towns I pass through.

High Falls State Park near Forsyth, Ga.

Some turtles in a public fishing area near Thomaston, Ga.
Ahhhhhhhhhh! FINALLY. Some gorgeous pics of the natural Georgia. We don't do hockey, could care less for high rise buildings...we want to see Georgia, the beautiful state that it is....countryside, mountains, please show us...up here in frozen Michigan...please....

Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 PM

5,266 posts, read 3,801,921 times
Another great picture thread!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 AM

Thanks bulldawgfan for those pictures.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM

I personally feel like these who keep posting pictures over and over and over again are just spamming the board and should be stopped by the moderators. No one should be allowed to do this. It should of been nipped in the bud before it escalated into spamming the board. And that is exactly what it is. These Two were in competetion for their respective cities. Its like children saying " my daddy is bigger than your daddy." Ridiculous.
And it discourages other posters because their posts just get lost in the spam.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:48 AM

Sunset on West Point Lake near LaGrange, Ga..

Here are a couple fishing/boating shots

If you get a chance, step outside and take a look at the moon this evening. This is from last night.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Thanks Bulldawgfan, these photos are SPECTACULAR

More, please. Thank you.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
This is why I stopped posting pictures in here. I travel all over the state and see some pretty cool stuff along the way. After I post a couple of shots of my travels for all to enjoy I find them buried two pages back because someone wanted to post 25 shots of a mall in Columbus (again) or 30 shots of growth in Macon (again). Never mind the neat little towns I pass through like Fitzgerald, La Grange, Hawkinsville or Tifton. I gave up. We all have our convictions... but I wish we (some of us) were not so redundant. I think, every so often, it is cool to see a bull in a field of yellow flowers just outside of Americus, or a wading bird fishing in West Point Lake....

What kind of bird is that? Some kind of heron? Incredible pic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia