Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 10:39 AM

939 posts, read 758,236 times

Advertisements

I visited this town on a Sunday afternoon driving back from Atlanta to Birmingham. One of the reasons is I wanted to see that bike trail around the city. I plan to ride ride it this Spring.

Map - The Carrollton Greenbelt

Anyway, I'm just curious if any of the CD users are from there or have any connection to that city, and what they would have to say. Seems like a nice place to live and only 50 miles from Atlanta.

I'm retiring in about 5-10 years and looking for options on where to live. And I'm pretty wide open. I wish Carrollton was only 30 miles from Atlanta, but maybe 50 isn't so bad. I very much need that major airport proximity.

Is it a college town of sorts? Given that West Georgia is there?

Any comments from those that know about the area would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 11:54 AM

7,469 posts, read 6,185,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin65 View Post
I visited this town on a Sunday afternoon driving back from Atlanta to Birmingham. One of the reasons is I wanted to see that bike trail around the city. I plan to ride ride it this Spring.

Map - The Carrollton Greenbelt

Anyway, I'm just curious if any of the CD users are from there or have any connection to that city, and what they would have to say. Seems like a nice place to live and only 50 miles from Atlanta.

I'm retiring in about 5-10 years and looking for options on where to live. And I'm pretty wide open. I wish Carrollton was only 30 miles from Atlanta, but maybe 50 isn't so bad. I very much need that major airport proximity.

Is it a college town of sorts? Given that West Georgia is there?

Any comments from those that know about the area would be appreciated.
I live in Carrollton. The college is fairly large, about 15000 students, so there are a few students around. Overall its a nice town, plenty of restaurants, enough entertainment and shopping, and still convenient to Atlanta. The drive to the airport is about an hour.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I live in Carrollton. The college is fairly large, about 15000 students, so there are a few students around. Overall its a nice town, plenty of restaurants, enough entertainment and shopping, and still convenient to Atlanta. The drive to the airport is about an hour.
Thanks, any other comments?

Old 02-01-2018, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,347 times
I'm thinking of moving there next spring (one year). My wife and I are professionals with 3 kids and don't mind (actually would invite) a college in town. The naysayers on City data about carrollton are clueless about life outside their little bubble of a brain. There's terrible crap in every small town and big city in America, it's just up to can you handle the bad with the good. My current town in CA is the most beautiful place I've ever lived but is littered with transient homeless people, all restaurants require tokens to use their bathrooms (bc of heroin addict bums), and the town 99.999% white. However, I'm still not naive enough to think the grass would be greener in another random town but it's hard not to. According to my visit (twice) and all my research Carrollton looks like a million bucks even with it's negatives..Just my opinion.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorskillz View Post
I'm thinking of moving there next spring (one year). My wife and I are professionals with 3 kids and don't mind (actually would invite) a college in town. The naysayers on City data about carrollton are clueless about life outside their little bubble of a brain. There's terrible crap in every small town and big city in America, it's just up to can you handle the bad with the good. My current town in CA is the most beautiful place I've ever lived but is littered with transient homeless people, all restaurants require tokens to use their bathrooms (bc of heroin addict bums), and the town 99.999% white. However, I'm still not naive enough to think the grass would be greener in another random town but it's hard not to. According to my visit (twice) and all my research Carrollton looks like a million bucks even with it's negatives..Just my opinion.
Uh, where did you come from? No one on this thread made any negative comments at all. It appears that you are on drugs yourself because your post doesn't reflect anything said in the thread.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:37 PM

1,054 posts, read 865,936 times
He probably read through an old thread discussing Carrollton on the Atlanta forum, the majority opinion there is that anything that far outside of Atlanta is meth fueled trailer parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia