Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Abrams or Kemp?
Abrams 88 61.97%
Kemp 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 04:21 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,484,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Wall to wall national coverage of Kemp's voter suppression now. He needs to resign immediately.

The yahoos running the State WILL be dragged kicking and screaming into modern times. I'm just afraid they're willing to destroy Georgia in the process.
They are willing to do that. They are well on their way of doing that nationwide. Kemp is going to win. But even if there is a court battle of the validity of the election results, (if it makes it to the SCOTUS) the packed SCOTUS will rule in Kemp's favor. This type of political manipulation is why voting in every election matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 05:54 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
You might want to listen to black folks across the state. They have been talking about this for awhile now.
Unfortunately, I don’t care much for people who think with that mindset. If we plan to change anything in this country, we need to get rid of the idiotic mindset that anybody and everybody is against us. Abrams has worked her butt off reaching out to voters and registering African Americans and if some of us wanna be dense and act like it’s a decoy, I couldn’t care less.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:13 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Sounds like most of your white women are pretty solid for Kemp (and Trump).

Quote:
Despite a viral #MeToo movement that’s now a year old, despite last month’s gender-splitting U.S. Senate hearing on sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, white female voters in Georgia are sticking with the Republican party.

They’re lining up not just behind Brian Kemp, the GOP candidate for governor, but President Donald Trump, too. Yes, the same Trump who, days ago, mocked Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford at a rally of supporters: “How did you get there? I don’t remember. How did you get home? I don’t remember. How many years ago was it? I don’t know.”

That aside, nearly 64 percent of white women voters polled approved of the way Trump is handling his job.

More....White women voters are sticking -- not just with Kemp, but Trump, too

Last edited by arjay57; 10-12-2018 at 08:31 PM..

Old 10-12-2018, 10:11 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Not in this surban home, I can assure you.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:27 PM

770 posts, read 603,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
They are willing to do that. They are well on their way of doing that nationwide. Kemp is going to win. But even if there is a court battle of the validity of the election results, (if it makes it to the SCOTUS) the packed SCOTUS will rule in Kemp's favor. This type of political manipulation is why voting in every election matters.
While I unfortunately think her chances are low because how can she win in a race against the guy dealing the cards, c'mon, and he put it in so that there's no paper trail. CORRUPT, of course he should win.

I agree, voting is critical in every election and if it's not clear now, it sure should be.

I think with regards to the Supreme Court, keep an eye on Roberts, he doesn't like the court becoming politicized. He may stop them in some ways if they are going overboard, he's the only hope unfortuantely we have.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 PM
bu2

24,093 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
While I unfortunately think her chances are low because how can she win in a race against the guy dealing the cards, c'mon, and he put it in so that there's no paper trail. CORRUPT, of course he should win.

I agree, voting is critical in every election and if it's not clear now, it sure should be.

I think with regards to the Supreme Court, keep an eye on Roberts, he doesn't like the court becoming politicized. He may stop them in some ways if they are going overboard, he's the only hope unfortuantely we have.
Well Ginsburg and Sotomayor are outvoted, so Roberts isn't necessary to keep them from going overboard. Breyer will side with the conservatives to keep the liberals on the court from making it too politicized.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:45 PM

770 posts, read 603,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
He (or rather his office) is just following the law:
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/53k...rgia/851445017
With this system that he's been told to stop doing by the Feds for multiple years and he did, before he reinstated it and somehow got it into the legislature by way of the purging of the Voter Rights Act. He has already purged 1.2 million voters.

Also, they don't give any process to fix your exact match problem, they just expect you to fix the missing hyphen somehow. Just because it's law, doesn't mean it's legal.

Also, why has Kemp not done anything about the Russian hack in our election system in 2016? They were in there, but he purged the record. Why did he do that? Why was he the only SOS in the country to deny Federal help for election security.

He's shady and you know it, you just want to deny it.

If you can't see it or don't want to see it, I feel sorry for our democracy, no one should be denied the right to vote in this country, it's your right and that shouldn't even be a question for debate.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:46 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Not surprising that's same percentage that vote for Roy in Alabama.... what happen is most wives and husbands vote the same.

If it play out the same, increase Adams chances because the minority voters percentage is higher in Georgia then Alabama. Adams need to get people out to vote.

https://assets.rbl.ms/16867752/980x.jpg

Old 10-12-2018, 10:55 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,484,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Not surprising that's same percentage that vote for Roy in Alabama.... what happen is most wives and husbands vote the same.

If it play out the same, increase Adams chances because the minority voters percentage is higher in Georgia then Alabama. Adams need to get people out to vote.

https://assets.rbl.ms/16867752/980x.jpg
I would not be comparing what happened in Alabama to how you think it will play out here in Georgia. Alabama is more politically moderate in weird ways that Georgia is politically not. It is vice-versa for Georgia in ways that Alabama are not.

Also there are a lot of black Republicans in this state particularly on the Southside of Metro Atlanta that does not exist in Alabama at all. Blacks are more politically unified in Alabama, regardless of the slightly less percentage of black population between the two states. Blacks here are all over the place from being Democrats to (closeted) Republicans. I should know I have several relatives that live on the Southside that are black Republicans.

The irony is quiet as it is kept the Democratic candidate there in Alabama might have a better chance of winning their gubernatorial race than Abrams has here in Georgia. Those are the oddities between the two states that cannot be compared even attempted to be replicated because of the various differentials.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:39 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,014 times
We need to get over this Black v White obsession for the electorate in GA and AL comparisons. MetroGA is quantifiably far more racially diverse than Metro Birmingham, and it could be that all of the GOP xenophobia encourages brown immigrant Republicans to vote blue to bet on more easily reuniting families or Asian refugees. Or, maybe taxes and stereotypes trump everything and it doesn’t. I don’t know. Where is the data on Latinos, East, West and South Asians, etc.?

If the 2017 stats are true (alert, grabbed from Wiki):
Black Non-Hispanic (31.12%)
White Non-Hispanic (52.61%)
Asian Non-Hispanic (3.91%)
Native American Non-Hispanic (0.18%)
Pacific Islander Non-Hispanic (0.08%)
Two or more races Non-Hispanic (2.24%)
Other Non-Hispanic (0.26%)
Hispanic Any Race (9.60%)

then it’ll be just about getting as much of each non-white percentage to vote blue (and be registered... RE Kemp and his scared suppression of the vote). I doubt 95% of GA’s whites would vote red. That sounds like 19th century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia