Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM

23 posts, read 73,065 times

Advertisements

With all the different opinions on the best place to live in Ga. My 25 yr old daughter and myself have taken a couple of trips and will be taking another soon to check out the areas ourselves and make connections to see what we are really looking for. Everyone has a certain lifestyle they like to live so it is very hard to know what we would be comfortable with. We are definetley looking in north Ga!! So far we like it up that way. We love quaint little towns with historic charm ( coming from Newport RI which is very historic and charming is something we have grown accustomed to) near a lake for swimming and boating and outdoor things to do!! We also love the seasons especially the fall. That pretty much sums it up. Ofcourse we will need jobs but we are both nannys and teachers! We never have had a problem finding work in either field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 AM

596 posts, read 937,208 times
downtown Macon is by far the safest and cleanest. It's a gem.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Ok we will check it out thank you!!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,238 times
Cool close minded

Wonder how you will feel when Hispanics are the majority in a few years?
Another close minded southerner

Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Russionbluemom whatever did you mean? What does the hispanic population have to do with anything?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,643,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBlueMom View Post
Wonder how you will feel when Hispanics are the majority in a few years?
Another close minded southerner
So only close minded people live in the South? Give me a break.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 PM

4 posts, read 9,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowDriver View Post
Riverdale and Rex are not nice areas, I wouldn't advise living there and preferably not working there, either. If you meant living in Dallas, GA and commuting to Riverdale or Rex, that's a long commute, too.
Thanks so much & with all the research I have done Clayton Co (Rex) and no other towns in this County, I would move to. I don't know anything about this County and no counties in Ga, but I do know everyone say the same thing about clayton county. No I will most defiantly look in a different dierction.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM

4 posts, read 9,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Unless Atlanta is different from pretty much anywhere else in the country, school districts are cutting back for financial reasons and teaching jobs are very hard to come by. My niece was an elementary education major a couple of years ago but changed her major when she found that her college in the Upper Midwest was actually busing education majors on short trips to Alaska to look at job opportunities there because jobs in any other state were almost impossible to come by.

If you learn nothing else from these forums, take this to heart: do NOT move without having a job secured before moving, and have it in writing. The economy is not good anywhere right now, and if you move without a job and can't find one, it could be disastrous. It does sound like you have a husband, though. Does he have a job lined up that you could subsist on if nothing comes through for you?
Thanks so much and you are more than right about moving w/o a job. Yes I am married and yes he has his job lined up.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
Snellville is also a great place to live. There is traffic congestion. I live off Oak Road and Scenic Hwy. I really enjoy that shopping and restaurants are so close. Also, every summer there is a farmers market that sets up in front of the Lawrenceville court house. The Lawrenceville square has musicians that come in and you can bring your lawn chair or reserve an area w/tables and food. It's great fun.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
I'm 100% Latina and proud ese!!! and i have invaded GA weather you like it or not. We ain't goin no wheres!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia